Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Mid/Long Range & Disco

NorthArlington101

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

You're right. I haven't done enough. Stupidity is synonymous with ineffectual.

Oh stop the act. Or at least for your sake it better be an act. What do you think you are going to accomplish preaching at people in a weather forum.  The people here are probably more aware of this topic then most. So your either preaching to the choir or to those that don't care. And you do it in such a useless ineffectual way. You have no solvency for anything all you do is stand on a soap box and scream crazy stuff at people as they pass by. If you actually wanted to make real substantive change you would spend this time fighting to change policy or come up with better solutions in the real world not writing crazy drivel at people online like a lunatic. 

In closing you are either crazy or a troll. 

7 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Yes please.

I gotta agree with you that this winter needs to end. I was hoping winter could hang on after I came back from skiing last week, but yesterday was pretty beautiful. I say bring on tropical season and warm weather

33 minutes ago, 87storms said:

looking at the euro just now, i would have to agree unless that monday system pulls some kind of a jan 00.  euro's got a warmup throughout the middle of the country by the end of the week.

If the Euro is as good at forecasting D4 warm-ups as it is snow-storms, then you might want to hold-off making plans to hit the outdoor courts.

1 hour ago, Cobalt said:

I gotta agree with you that this winter needs to end. I was hoping winter could hang on after I came back from skiing last week, but yesterday was pretty beautiful. I say bring on tropical season and warm weather

I will settle for a couple weeks of 65-70, and mostly sunny. Time for a mini drought.

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

If the Euro is as good at forecasting D4 warm-ups as it is snow-storms, then you might want to hold-off making plans to hit the outdoor courts.

i hope it's right because i'm done.  today is too cold and gray for april.  i'm ready for some warmer times, especially if we're not going to get even a light snowstorm.  psu turned the switch off in the other thread and i think i'm ready to do that for this one.  bring on spring.

Can't believe I am even going to say this considering we will be in mid April but the GEFS is close enough that you couldn't rule out the possibility of seeing some snow through the region Sun/Mon. EPS isn't near as favorable though.

Looks like a decent warm-up leading into next weekend before our next system rolls through which looks to be more a frontal passage event for our neck of the woods (maybe some T-storms?). After that the question is whether we see a low develop along the front and where which the models are suggesting the possibility of. But we are talking seven days away so much will probably change as far as the setup.

If you are looking for warmth after next weekend you probably want to hug the EPS (which is more moderate with the cold) because the GEFS looks downright chilly into the extended.

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Stop it. 

“I’m not out until that 90 day in early January that HM keeps teasing” would be the same kind of awful. 

By the way, next Thursday - Saturday looks glorious. Finally. Let’s chase that.

Amen.  These are the kind of the maps that get me excited now; not the thought of overcast, 40s, with some snow pellets.  

6652C17E-2911-43E7-BB83-488CD0CAFAD3.png

7 hours ago, WesternFringe said:

Can someone please explain how this is even possible?  How can it snow with a high pressure right next door?  Is it a mini inverted trough?

image.png.2db59a9ec1925b9835483e504e9eaafe.png

I think it’s more overrunning precip than anything. The high will be weakening during the day as the upper energy moves in from the west. Not much in the way of dynamics which might explain why it’s mostly an elevation/lift event with only some leftovers making it across.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived