Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Mid/Long Range & Disco

NorthArlington101

34 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Seems like spring arrives mid-month after giving the EPS a quick look at the 850 anomaly maps.  

I dunno gefs trending colder and even a weak hint of a threat window day 12-15 :)  

mjo cold phases ftw. #winterneverends 

maybe we will still be tracking 2 weeks from now. (Insert evil laugh here)

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Average high now should be in low 60s. I confess to not being comforted that the nice days in this pattern might make it to below normal. Whee. That's the equivalent of a heat wave in December and me saying to people rightfully bugged by that "well, the lows get to around 38, so that's something to be comforted by"...

It's beyond insane that there are still runs that put up snow on our area. Not because it will snow (it prbobably won't) but because that kind of map means yet another day or days of MUCH below normal temps in one of the times of year when 60s are doable. It's crap.

8 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Average high now should be in low 60s. I confess to not being comforted that the nice days in this pattern might make it to below normal. Whee. That's the equivalent of a heat wave in December and me saying to people rightfully bugged by that "well, the lows get to around 38, so that's something to be comforted by"...

It's beyond insane that there are still runs that put up snow on our area. Not because it will snow (it prbobably won't) but because that kind of map means yet another day or days of MUCH below normal temps in one of the times of year when 60s are doable. It's crap.

This is all personal preference so there is no right or wrong...but do you notice that much difference between a sunny 56 degree day and a sunny 63 degree day if all other factors like wind are the same?   I don't really. They are both pleasant days imo so I don't really care that much. But if you do then I totally understand your aggravation. 

I do. I am not alone. It's okay to let those of us who want spring to be bugged when spring is not here. And, by the way, the factors won't all be the same. By and large this time of year the chillier days come with wind. Which makes it feel worse.

This is a terrible pattern for April (and it is a full kick in the nads of whatever gender one might be that it set up this pattern in mid-March - it is high comedy that we couldn't get this when it would have helped us back in, say, mid-December), and I will confess to being really frustrated that what was looking like at least a good temp weekend for next weekend now has people on here throwing up maps that have snow on them. That's a HUGE change from mid-60s that had been being shown for the 14/15. So, even if the snow won't be here on April 14, because, I mean, come on, if what is being advertised is right then that is yet another weekend where the temps potentially will be awful relative to where they should be. I hope whatever the models are stuggling with for next weekend resolves in something other than 45 and cold rain.

None of this is helped by the weeklies showing continued fairly unseasonal cool. This is brutal.

And, yes, this is what a spring panic meltdown looks like. I like spring. The fact that it is not here by now and we are wasting so many prime days has me fairly weather melt-downy. The same way people would get if this were winter and winter won't show up. Like, say, two Decembers ago...

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

We're getting to the point after cold pattern or not on a sunny day it will at least get into the 50s and feel nice out. There will be plenty of nice data mixed in even if we do stay in this crap tease pattern. 

Pretty much. If it's sunny and I don't need a jacket, then it doesn't really matter to me whether it's 55 or 64. And the sun now shines high enough that even 55 without too much wind or clouds feels very comfortable and pleasant.

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

I do. I am not alone. It's okay to let those of us who want spring to be bugged when spring is not here. And, by the way, the factors won't all be the same. By and large this time of year the chillier days come with wind. Which makes it feel worse.

This is a terrible pattern for April (and it is a full kick in the nads of whatever gender one might be that it set up this pattern in mid-March - it is high comedy that we couldn't get this when it would have helped up back in, say, mid-December), and I will confess to being really frustrated that what was looking like at least a good temp weekend for next weekend now has people on here throwing up maps that have snow on them. That's a HUGE change from mid-60s that had been being shown for the 14/15. So, even if the snow won't be here on April 14, because, I mean, come on, if what is being advertised is right then that is yet another weekend where the temps potentially will be awful relative to where they should be. I hope whatever the models are stuggling with for next weekend resolves in something other than 45 and cold rain.

None of this is helped by the weeklies showing continued fairly unseasonal cool. This is brutal.

And, yes, this is what a spring panic meltdown looks like. I like spring. The fact that it is not here by now and we are wasting so many prime days has me fairly weather melt-downy. The same way people would get if this were winter and winter won't show up. Like, say, two Decembers ago...

No one is stopping you from being frustrated. I'm not thrilled by any of this either. I just don't feel like stressing about it and I can't control it so I'm rolling with the punches. Me posting the map isn't going to make it cold. The weather will do what it wants regardless of what maps we post or what we want so I'm just going with it.  I don't mind if others are upset and want to vent about it though. But they shouldn't be upset that i just want to track whatever weather there is. Be it snow severe heat tropical... if it's interesting I'm gonna follow it. 

37 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I'm not upset that you tracking it. I can note my frustration with the set-up without it being a shot at you, maybe? For some reason you seem to think general comments on what is shown are personal attacks sometimes. It's weird.

Sorry I think you misunderstood. Im not trying to get you to stop being frustrated or posting about it. I was just having a conversation about it. That's all. 

I think the only time in my life when I truly got fed up with the cold was late March 2014. Other good winters like 02-03 and 09-10 ended early or on time, but that one kept on going much longer than any other winter I remember from the early 00s until then. Of course 2013-14 was amazing, but I was eventually ready to move on after 4 months of real cold, and walking a few mornings to class during the last week of March with winds and temps in the lower 20s (and highs in the mid 30s) felt pretty awful.

Other than that, I've never been too bothered by chilly temps in the spring. It isn't going to be 65+ and sunny every day even in a normal April, so I'll just take what comes. As long as I don't have to wear a heavy jacket at this time of the year, it isn't really cold enough to bother me that much.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived