Weathernoob335
April Mid/Long Range & Disco

NorthArlington101

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Ji said:

Bob chill not on board is red flag

Ha! I've been dealing with some stuff but I have been watching. I figured that with it being April and all that I'd just sit on the sidelines until 48 hours out. It takes so much this time of year for my yard that I won't believe it until it's already snowing. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Ha! I've been dealing with some stuff but I have been watching. I figured that with it being April and all that I'd just sit on the sidelines until 48 hours out. It takes so much this time of year for my yard that I won't believe it until it's already snowing. 

Ninja’d

19 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

C'mon, dude don't start...any snow at all (snow tv or otherwise) in April is an interesting and rare thing to track here. For me, that's reason enough to stay interested a little longer...just to see how late we can actually see flakes, lol

I'm not judging, just amused at the dedication so late, especially given the last "event" busted big time.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I realize there was already a big fight over this, but it pretty much just drizzled across much of the area.

dc was pretty much out of the game for that one.  this one looks more regional wide.  it's got a lot more of my interest...well at least until 0z.

15 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I'm not judging, just amused at the dedication so late, especially given the last "event" busted big time.

It wasn’t a bust... most of us knew we were out of the game. I suppose you can call it a screw job, but expectations were already near zero.

This one looks more interesting.

32 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Good to see you back dude! I am very skeptical myself, but the models are teasing big time lol. Just rolling with it. Dont really care either way.

Btw- New(reman) 392 HEMI on order. Too bad it wasn't simply the PCM lol. Badly wiped cam lobe and a bunch of metal fragments everywhere in the engine.

People in or out doesn’t matter. It’s just straight fun now to even consider the possibilities for April. We got beat up pretty soundly this winter, so maybe Spring wants to help ease our suffering and send us off to Summerville with one or two last hurrahs. Heat and humidity right around the corner, but I would love just one more fun obs thread night before hibernation. 

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

The hell it would

Yeah for those who have had a crap winter, this wont save it. 

For those that have done reasonably well, this "event" is really unnecessary.

If it can be something historic, like 6"+ I guess I am interested. For an inch or 2 or 3, forget it.

5 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Some of the pros can correct me if I’m wrong. It seems this is one of the simplest (none are easy) for us to get snow.

Not a pro, but I do think that anafrontal snow (I think this is what you would call this setup, correct me if I'm wrong) is a decent setup when cold is in place. Last one I can remember that worked out was 3/5/15. 

7 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Some of the pros can correct me if I’m wrong. It seems this is one of the simplest (none are easy) for us to get snow.

It’s absolutely classic for a wide spread advisory/warning event. April is really the caveat.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah for those who have had a crap winter, this wont save it. 

For those that have done reasonably well, this "event" is really unnecessary.

If it can be something historic, like 6"+ I guess I am interested. For an inch or 2 or 3, forget it.

I'm starting to think some areas may have a shot at something historic. 6" +. That is some serious cold for April. It will be a much different air mass than the bust of yesterday. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived