Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Mid/Long Range & Disco

NorthArlington101

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'll say this...i am in La Crosse Wisconsin and it's dumping snow and it's not accumulating well...it is building up but not fast. La Crosse Wisconsin in April > Stafford Virginia in April

Yea I'm not happy about the timing. It can accumulate but it has to be cold and it has to thump. We seem to have the cold. Need rates too. If it's 30 and coming down 1-2" an hour it will overcome radiation. If it's 32 and snowing 1/2-.75" an hour it will be snow tv. 

I had a snow around this time of year at Penn State in 2003. When it was thumping it accumulated even in the day. Lighter rates and the drip drip drip started. The radiation difference from there to here isn't that significant. So it can but only if its really comming down. 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I had a snow around this time of year at Penn State in 2003. When it was thumping it accumulated even in the day. Lighter rates and the drip drip drip started. The radiation difference from there to here isn't that significant. So it can but only if its really comming down. 

I was there for that storm!  Don't remember that level of detail though.  

58 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

So we get a good SECS HECS Saturday to set us up for the Tuesday HECS.  I have that about right? Lol glad my next golf round isn’t until April 20

Fixed... anything over 4 inches in April is Historic.  How many times has the I-95 corridor seen 4 inches from a storm in April?

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Cool. That was a good year and a good time up there :)  I graduated that summer. 

That was an awesome snow year.  Made up a good bit for the dumpster fires that were my freshman-junior years.  Had snow from Halloween to Easter in 02-03.  

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah I’ll take the over on those surface temps.

Just read Mount Holly updated AFD. Not even the mention of snow for the weekend lol.

Admittedly I remain very skeptical. Really hard to go against rapidly warming climo. People need to realize that the advertised 500 mb look/ 850 mb temps, which would be pretty damn nice in mid winter, do not translate quite the same way on April 8th.

I am more interested in the winds and potential severe for tomorrow with temps approaching 70 . Wind Advisory for here.

15 minutes ago, Amped said:

Exactly what next run is going to show.

That’s the part to be cautious about.  We get so caught up now in day 4/5 threats because models have proven to be accurate “sometimes” at that range.  We need to get to this time tomorrow with this threat still there for me to take it seriously.

7 minutes ago, SlamSlam said:

If we only reach low 30's on Saturday, would that be a record low for high temperature for 7th of April? Possibly all of April?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The coldest high temperatures in April for the current site at DCA are 41 on 4/7/2007 and 4/8/2003.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived