Weathernoob335
April Mid/Long Range & Disco

NorthArlington101

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Good because it's gonna. 

Assuming this remains a west to east boundary wave and doesn't trend weaker wherever it is depicted 48 hours out it will adjust north some. That's like a 80% frequency thing. 

Any chance this is similar to the little storm that went through southern VA the weekend before Easter?  I drove down 81 the next day and saw areas that had well over a foot. It was pretty amazing for late March. 

14 minutes ago, WeSuck said:

If this storm happened with 6"+, would we still call this winter a joke? Someone tell Ji to put the sunscreen and sandals away!

No.  If that happened, it would no longer be my Worst. Winter. Ever.  I don't care that it's April.  That said, no way central MD gets a significant snow.  It just can't happen this winter.

52 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I been telling y'all not to worry about suppression. You watch, before this is over you will be concerned with being on the southern edge, while the rest of us are looking at rain or snow tv.

I haven't been worried about it. Just observing model runs. When this was a more amplified system a few days ago I didn't like seeing it become a weak wave way south. But it was going through a transition on guidance. Now that it's settled on a west to east wave idea I like exactly where it's at right now. 

18 minutes ago, dallen7908 said:

I believe I've heard forecasters in the South refer to a 48-hour rule; as such don't believe any forecast of snow until you are within 48 hours; perhaps that applies here in early/mid April

Virginia and southern Maryland IS the South. You Northerners don't just get to annex it when you see fit.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived