Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Mid/Long Range & Disco

NorthArlington101

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find any Aprils in this area that had more than one accumulating snowfall.  Which makes sense, as it takes such a fluke event to get one.  What models are showing is really unprecedented, which should cast a lot of doubt on the solutions being offered.  Would sure like to see that Saturday event hold, and hopefully time up better with darkness.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Idk, this has been a pretty damn nice weekend if you ask me. Kinda Spring like.

Yeah we will get spring.  My guess is by late April we will be sweltering.  There are no more years like 1816.  We never need a sweater in June.  Even May.  

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Damn...if this were February, this forum would be going nuts now

It’s pretty close for us down here too...the usual suspects will love it...Snow, to sleet to drizzle

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

It’s pretty close for us down here too...the usual suspects will love it...Snow, to sleet to drizzle

No, we do well even here.  That's verbatim though.   It's April and marginal...but man..that 156 panel verbatim would be heavy heavy snow.  31 at the surface and upstairs is marginal, but all snow

7 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

To my noob eyes, looks like low takes too long to transfer off the coast? Still, wildly impressive run for any month of the year. Kuchera is 9" for D.C.

Historic.  No other way to say it.  That run would be historic.  Ok I’m done.  

Just now, BristowWx said:

Your 100% correct

If that happens verbatim that's a historic snow storm. Too bad it's still 6 days away. Even if you cut the totals in half that's still historic for April 8th.

What I like to see is that even the rainy solutions (12z GFS for example) start out as snow. Any event starting out as snow and not having to wait for temps to crash in April would be insane.

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Ohhh no....I can't believe I would even be tempted to play this game at the beginning of April....but nevertheless I'll check in periodically, lol

By periodically do you mean every single run for the next 6 days?  Cmon you know it’s true.  

Been keeping kind of quite on this and basically watching because we are talking early to mid April after all. But we are now looking inside 7 days now and the signal continues to get stronger. The EPS snowfall means through 10 days is an eye opener for sure. Give me e14 or even e29 and I would happily call it quits on winter.

epssnowfall1.thumb.gif.c8431e5b720cbd40727bfdd3c7ae254e.gif

epssnowfall2.thumb.gif.bc36a9f7e62c7d113fed277f41fe3979.gif

27 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Been keeping kind of quite on this and basically watching because we are talking early to mid April after all. But we are now looking inside 7 days now and the signal continues to get stronger. The EPS snowfall means through 10 days is an eye opener for sure. Give me e14 or even e29 and I would happily call it quits on winter.

epssnowfall1.thumb.gif.c8431e5b720cbd40727bfdd3c7ae254e.gif

Enjoy your e22.

53 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

850s on the 18z GFS are nuts.  -10 at 18z the day that the storm begins.  Perfect reinforcing blow on Friday into Saturday.  Too bad the 850 low tracks a bit too far north.  I like pretend snow.

just peeked at the gfs...i guess we'd need to rely on some good cad.  what's wild is that next weekend is supposed to be the start of peak cherry blossoms.  that would certainly change people's plans a bit.

5 minutes ago, 87storms said:

just peeked at the gfs...i guess we'd need to rely on some good cad.  what's wild is that next weekend is supposed to be the start of peak cherry blossoms.  that would certainly change people's plans a bit.

No doubt we have a lot of wild solutions on the op runs next couple days. 18z was near perfect for this time of year.  Had that 850 tracked to S KY it would have been a run for the ages.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived