Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Mid/Long Range & Disco

NorthArlington101

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This is kind of crazy for a 10 day period in April. This is for all 3 events.  Most of it for DC is from the second threat. North of there gets some from all 3. 

This is Kuchera the 10-1 is just stupid crazy looking.

IMG_5337.thumb.PNG.521d3dac17c8499924e1f30f97cea392.PNG

Thought it be more impressive than that, but it’s April. And that is impressive. 

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Thought it be more impressive than that, but it’s April. And that is impressive. 

Surface temps show really low ratios D.C. South for wave 2. The 10-1 is more impressive. A 1-2 degree difference could mean 5" vs 3" there. Wave 3 actually should show more in DC but it's the issue where it uses the temps at the end of the period to determine it was rain when some of that period was snow. D.C. Definitely starts as snow wave 3 and flips at some point during a 6 hour period where about .6 qpf falls. So there might be a hidden 2-4" in there also.  But overall that map is silly for April. The kind of analysis I just did should be February not after Easter. 

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

As predicted, and as expected based on the op making a big jump north, the GEFS perturbed have moved away from the southern snow idea. 

Pretty decent snowfall mean for our region though, mostly NW where one would expect it to be.

That’s my fear is it continues to head north although the Euro shows the high pressing so that should..should.  Prevent an all out north push..  but we have seen some strange things so this is just a mile post on the way to someplace 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Gefs keep in mind 4.5 of the 8.5 up here is tonight so the long range threats aren't as NW skewed as it looks. Yes the mean is higher but it's around 4" up here vs 3" DC after tonight's storm. 

Yes good point. My point has been there is no way next weekend is going to be a hit to our south. NO WAY. And it very likely will favor your area because climo strongly supports that in an anomalous Spring cold pattern as is being advertised.

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Gefs keep in mind 4.5 of the 8.5 up here is tonight so the long range threats aren't as NW skewed as it looks. Yes the mean is higher but it's around 4" up here vs 3" DC after tonight's storm. 

IMG_5341.thumb.PNG.7f4d7d7b789a8f06d5637ebda7de70a4.PNG

It looks awesome for April.  Like pure amazing weenie run at my latitude. 

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yes good point. My point has been there is no way next weekend is going to be a hit to our south. NO WAY. And it very likely will favor your area because climo strongly supports that in an anomalous Spring cold pattern as is being advertised.

I'm not disagreeing with that. Just wanted to put the map in perspective. Your analysis as always is good. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Umm...the euro control is out of control. It's a :o run. 

Ugh too bad I am super busy at work over the next week. I would defo be heading out to the highlands- probably Canaan. And since my Jeep is in the shop for the next 10 days waiting for a new engine, I could abuse some rental. Sigh.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived