Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JTA66 said:

77F/68DP. Fighting the urge to turn on the AC, but it is sticky out there today.

AC is on here - when working outside in this weather, I like the walk-in refrigerator effect when I go inside. 90F here currently, DP 75. A small cell is popping up about 4 miles north of here - lots of thunder!

86F/68DP

Yep, I caved! AC is on. I do like to run it once early in the season to make sure it's running fine. Nothing like turning it on for the first time when the heat settles in for good -- everyone calls at once for service and you're at the bottom of the list :(

Was at my sister's house in Upper Darby earlier today when a couple of those thunderstorm cells rolled through between 4 - 5:30. The rain was the thundershower variety and not extreme pouring.  They wrapped up with a rainbow.  When I got home here in NW Philly, it was bone dry and I had hit 90 for a high.  Finally at 8 pm there was a loud clap of thunder and some gully washer rain 15 minutes later (am at the northern fringe of a nasty cell that has been moving through the Center City).  Got 0.13" out of  that.  With the dps in the 70s it was pretty rough today.  Temp was 80 at thunderclap time and is now down to 73 at post time, where it is overcast and stormy-looking to the south of me but partly cloudy to the north of me.

33 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Was at my sister's house in Upper Darby earlier today when a couple of those thunderstorm cells rolled through between 4 - 5:30. The rain was the thundershower variety and not extreme pouring.  They wrapped up with a rainbow.  When I got home here in NW Philly, it was bone dry and I had hit 90 for a high.  Finally at 8 pm there was a loud clap of thunder and some gully washer rain 15 minutes later (am at the northern fringe of a nasty cell that has been moving through the Center City).  Got 0.13" out of  that.  With the dps in the 70s it was pretty rough today.  Temp was 80 at thunderclap time and is now down to 73 at post time, where it is overcast and stormy-looking to the south of me but partly cloudy to the north of me.

Had 3 tshowers pass by just to the north, got a sprinkle out of the 2nd one, and that's it. Maybe later tonight.....

Am seeing reports of water rescues in Mercer Co., NJ.  Looks like a line has trained over an area near Trenton, with one mesonet report of just over 5 1/2" of rain in 3 hours around Mercerville.

Have had a couple pockets of rain here this morning and currently experiencing a heavy rain shower with temp at 68 and precip up to 0.21" total for today so far at post time.

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

Another very wet period about to begin for the next week. GFS swamps SEPA with 6" totals too. 

2003 like but warmer 

Point and click for here has 50 to 60% pops through Sunday, except Fri. am is 30%. Got less than 0.2" of rain here last weekend, so I'm up for at least some rain this go round!

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Point and click for here has 50 to 60% pops through Sunday, except Fri. am is 30%. Got less than 0.2" of rain here last weekend, so I'm up for at least some rain this go round!

4" here last weekend and it filled the septic field, today is the first day the toilet bowl would flush :(

Archived