Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I have attempted to catch rainbow trout there years ago but alas... Minnows were easier. :lol:

We were back in the rain today - picked up 0.84" overnight and through the day and currently sitting at the high here for the day of 59 with overcast. Up to 4.04" for the event.

Park at the Valley Green Inn and walk upstream.  There will be a stone bridge immediately upstream within deep rocky hole about 25 yards north of that.  Fish that hole, it's tough but loaded with trout.  Walk further upstream about 200 yards, you will see a stone dam that is failing due to age.  Fish to the downstream right side of the main channel BUT BE CAREFUL and you stand a good chance of landing trout.  There.  Ice spilled my secret spots to everyone.

21 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Park at the Valley Green Inn and walk upstream.  There will be a stone bridge immediately upstream withba deep rocky hole about 25 yards north of that.  Fish that hole, it's tough but loaded with trout.  Walk further upstream about 209 yards, you will see a stone dam that is failing due to age.  Fish to the downstream right side of the main channel BUT BE CAREFUL and you stand a good chance of landing trout.  There.  Ice spilled my secret spots to everyone.

Valley Green and much of the park along the Wissahickon is close to where I grew up and where I used to bike to.  I haven't fished in many years but should put it back on my radar one of these days!  The last time was probably 40 years ago on an uncle's houseboat in Vermont.  It was almost like cheating because the striped bass were swarming around the boat and all you needed was a piece of bread on the line and you could haul them in by the bucketful. :lol:

As a quick obs - temp is up to 77 and it's partly cloudy.

Archived