Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Glenn going with 3-6" in and around Philly for the weekend....looks like a snow map.

gl.jpg

I can tell it's not a snow map cause I'm in the bullseye.

Seriously, cut that 3"-6" in half and that's still more rain than we need around here. 

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

I can tell it's not a snow map cause I'm in the bullseye.

Seriously, cut that 3"-6" in half and that's still more rain than we need around here. 

It's going to be that tropical rain where you can get under a cell and it rains (sideways) like hell for hours. Probably some "training" as well...

i think Glenn is going to be really overdone with that map. Locally 3-6" sure.. but widespread??? highly highly unlikely...no model shows anywhere near that. Even the 2-3" that widespread is incredibly unlikely. I'd cut those numbers by at least 1/2.  Mt. Holly would be sounding the alarms on a flood threat if 2-3" of rain widespread was expected and they are making it out to be a more localized flood thread under the heavier showers.

19 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

I'll admit I had to look that one up. Sounds like you have some privacy away from the neighbors' prying eyes, lol. That's always a nice feature (for #1 anyway).

Sigh of relief that forecast precipitation amounts have been slashed and yes plenty of privacy, even a semi functional outhouse. Even working on plans for hot water, i have wifi and 1910 plumbing...

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

Sigh of relief that forecast precipitation amounts have been slashed and yes plenty of privacy, even a semi functional outhouse. Even working on plans for hot water, i have wifi and 1910 plumbing...

Interesting....sounds like a cool spot. Have you pictured it with 2 feet of snow (even though it doesn't sound like you'll be there this coming winter)?

14 hours ago, The Iceman said:

i think Glenn is going to be really overdone with that map. Locally 3-6" sure.. but widespread??? highly highly unlikely...no model shows anywhere near that. Even the 2-3" that widespread is incredibly unlikely. I'd cut those numbers by at least 1/2.  Mt. Holly would be sounding the alarms on a flood threat if 2-3" of rain widespread was expected and they are making it out to be a more localized flood thread under the heavier showers.

I think we are going to see flash floods but I don't foresee the Schuylkillood or Delaware enter major flood Stage. But then again, I scheduled a tee time for Sunday at 2:00pm at Arrowhead golf course in Douglassville! 

Archived