• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

long range into next week doesn't look all that dry either. Maybe Monday will be nice. But tuesday and wednesday both look like washouts. then another break thursday and possibly friday, but by next weekend another system rolls in. In other words, don't look for a pattern change any time soon. 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Ended up with 1.07" yesterday and it stayed relatively dry in the afternoon.  Total 3.19" for the multi-day event so far at post time.  Current temp 63 with mist.

A lot of stuff staying to the S (for now)...kinda works out for me since I have a couple of things to do outside.

61.7F....dark/gloomy

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

A lot of stuff staying to the S (for now)...kinda works out for me since I have a couple of things to do outside.

61.7F....dark/gloomy

Yeah I was watching local river/creek gauges yesterday and the break in the heavy rain has allowed them to drain out... I usually look at the Wissahickon @ the mouth of the Schuylkill and the Schuylkill @ Manayunk and by the falls/Waterworks, and they were just a couple feet below bankfull/overflow.

Could just be the nam but 6z keeps most of the precip to our south and west keeping most Se pa dry or relatively dry today and tonight. Guidance majorly backed off on a flood thread last night imo. Heaviest looks to stay south. Likely a period of rain tonight but the area has likely dodged a bullet with flooding.

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

^ Works for me, parts of the yard are under water and the sump pumps have been running since yesterday.

On a side note, one of my goals is not to run the AC before Memorial Day -- looking good so far!

That's a lock!  I don't see anything getting above low 80s around our parts....which isn't bad at all.

In the battle of the highs, one of them may have won out for a bit - sun has peaking through the clouds.  Temp is 64.  There has been a gusty SE wind much of the mid-morning but it seems to be going variable now so the stationary front may be wobbling.  Had 0.01" of rain this morning, bringing the total to 3.2".

On 5/17/2018 at 2:07 PM, The Iceman said:

long range into next week doesn't look all that dry either. Maybe Monday will be nice. But tuesday and wednesday both look like washouts. then another break thursday and possibly friday, but by next weekend another system rolls in. In other words, don't look for a pattern change any time soon. 

Tropical in nature?

On 5/18/2018 at 5:47 AM, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yeah I was watching local river/creek gauges yesterday and the break in the heavy rain has allowed them to drain out... I usually look at the Wissahickon @ the mouth of the Schuylkill and the Schuylkill @ Manayunk and by the falls/Waterworks, and they were just a couple feet below bankfull/overflow.

My old stomping grounds.  Caught many a fish there.

4 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

My old stomping grounds.  Caught many a fish there.

I have attempted to catch rainbow trout there years ago but alas... Minnows were easier. :lol:

We were back in the rain today - picked up 0.84" overnight and through the day and currently sitting at the high here for the day of 59 with overcast. Up to 4.04" for the event.

Archived