PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BERKS                BUCKS               CHESTER
DAUPHIN              DELAWARE            LANCASTER
LEBANON              MONTGOMERY          PHILADELPHIA
YORK
$$

36 minutes ago, Coach McGuirk said:

SPC issuing a Moderate chance of EF2+ naders with a warm front.  Seems a little unusual. 

D.C. metro area is in the upper 80s and College Park (KCGS) just hit 90.  Meanwhile the warm front is wavering around here and my temp is back down to 64 with overcast.  I think the threat is going to basically be around or south of the Mason-Dixon line.

54 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

D.C. metro area is in the upper 80s and College Park (KCGS) just hit 90.  Meanwhile the warm front is wavering around here and my temp is back down to 64 with overcast.  I think the threat is going to basically be around or south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Didn't get that much sun here either, made it to 73F, back to 64F now.  Just put on a sweatshirt to sit on the porch and sky/radar watch, lol. Hearing some distant rumblings to the west.

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Didn't get that much sun here either, made it to 73F, back to 64F now.  Just put on a sweatshirt to sit on the porch and sky/radar watch, lol. Hearing some distant rumblings to the west.

Had just texted one of my sisters who lives in Delco to warn about a nasty-looking blob headed that way from Chester County.  She had said she had heard some thunder as well.

12 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Had just texted one of my sisters who lives in Delco to warn about a nasty-looking blob headed that way from Chester County.  She had said she had heard some thunder as well.

Saw the severe tstorm warning with a mention of quarter/nickle sized hail and so we covered up about 25 plants and bushes that are waiting to be planted. Rain is starting now, wind picking up, lightning getting close! Here we go...

11 hours ago, Coach McGuirk said:

For a Tornado Watch, there wasn't a single tornado warning.  It was a warm front.  I'm not sure what they expected. 

There were some cells that showed rotation (one was even posted in my radar screenshot above) and if the environment had been conducive, they could have produced funnels... thus the "watch", i.e., the potential was there. 

As an obs - currently 53 and overcast with mist and and some fog slowly scouring out.

35 minutes ago, Bosswx said:

Rain!Any thoughts?

IMG_2660.PNG

IMG_2662.PNG

The ssts down around Florida have been pretty chilly (in relative terms), and I think that is why there doesn't seem to be much expectation of that system developing into anything (yet) -

And regarding the precip the rest of the month, if it verifies, that could bolster the forecasts for a cooler summer (but then if that happens, it might spell a dry/warm fall & winter too if/when the pattern eventually flips).

sst-gulfmex.cf-05132018.gif

sst-satlanti.cf-05132018.gif

Archived