Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2018 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite the difference from lower spots just down the road from me - only 32.4 yesterday AM and 39.7 this AM....we will end the season with 98 below freezing days vs. normal of 113 such days. Today's splits were 65.6/39.7 still (0.8) below normal. 

18 of 22 days below normal so far this month overall we are averaging 4.3 degrees below our 35 year climate normal here in Chester County. Our current average temperature for April stands at 45.8 this - this will obviously go up with 8 days still left in the month but our current average is 2.1 degrees lower than any April recorded in the last 35 years. Either way we will finish warmer than at least the top 3 Aprils in Chester County recorded weather history back to 1894 with 1975 (44.4) / 1940 (44.7) and 1907 (45.8) all colder.

Diffuse gust front coming through.  Temp dropped from 72 to 63 in the past 30 minutes, and continuing to fall rapidly, with some foreboding clouds.  High here today was 74.  There's a thin line of small cells coming across Delco.  I may be right at the northern edge of that if what is just north of them holds.

Like summertime - already up to 85F here (with low-mid 80s all around a 3 - 4 mile radius).  That should wake up some of the trees that have been afraid to actually leaf out.  This is probably near the latest that I have seen some of these older trees actually start leafing.  Still have some bare or sparse trees in the woods.

Archived