SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter

George BM

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am VERY VERY elated with joy and bliss, for all the cool refreshing weather thru April 14.

I will be enjoying many a happy carefree jebwalk at night wearing a tshirt soaked with icewater.

I LOVE cold weather, especially when it damages blossoms.

I dont give a damn about anything else except the cold. Too bad if it damages the blossoms. I'll be refreshed, and I will savor many happy cool jebwalks.

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

if we can actually get a legit historical, actual real snowstorm, then i'd be interested, but i can tell you i have zero interest in scrap storms at this point (like tonight).  cherry blossoms coming up, too.  can't imagine snow is really a good thing at this point for gardening, etc (and i don't even partake in gardening because i'm a renter, but can't imagine it's good for anything at this point).  if we're gonna muddy up spring trails/gardens/etc, then i'd rather see it happen in style lol.  4-6" would be a fun storm that maybe doesn't destroy soils, but anything more or less...meh.  i like spring too much for that.

1 minute ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

All the model runs today were a joke since it’s April’s Fools Day. Watch the runs tommrow lose the storm

That is likely regardless.  This is a cruel mirage in a snowless desert.  But it’s will keep me interested for another few days.  And keep me enthused about getting up for work.  

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Atypically cold and blossom killing dry while Carolinas get a foot of snow next weekend would be about right. I miss spring.

Just watch, this will probably end up much ado about nothing. No storm of significance, and a few chilly breezy days with some showers. Spring will win and remind us that potentially wintry h5 patterns rarely produce legit cold and snow in April...heck around here they don't produce that often in January either.

13 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Atypically cold and blossom killing dry while Carolinas get a foot of snow next weekend would be about right. I miss spring.

I doubt the Carolinas get a foot of snow in April (except possibly the very high elevations). Their average high is in the 70s now. 

14 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

I would go so far as to say that spring has missed us.

BWI was 65 yesterday, DCA was 67, and we have 60s in the forecast again this week. People act as if we're in a deep freeze, but in reality spring has been coming and going, which is pretty normal in March and early April.

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Yes. It is. I happen to know that. And our average high is over 60. And yet, here we are.

We just had several days of 60s and 70s, including sunshine along with it. The past 5 days averaged well above normal. Yes, today is cooler, but we're not going to be warm all the time in early April. It rarely ever works that way.

BWI was 65 yesterday, DCA was 67, and we have 60s in the forecast again this week. People act as if we're in a deep freeze, but in reality spring has been coming and going, which is pretty normal in March and early April.
Barely reaching average a few times a week isn't really...

2 minutes ago, Jandurin said:
8 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Barely reaching average a few times a week isn't really...

IAD (which is probably the closest airport to your climo) had three days in the past week that were over +5, with one being +12. Multiple days in the 70s. That's not just "barely reaching average".

2 minutes ago, Fozz said:

We just had several days of 60s and 70s, including sunshine along with it. The past 5 days averaged well above normal. Yes, today is cooler, but we're not going to be warm all the time in early April. It rarely ever works that way.

Dude. Just let people feel how they want to feel, for goddsake. You don't have to be the board scold. I was out this weekend and enjoyed it. The previous 28 days in March were WAY colder than normal. The upcoming weekend looks WAY colder than normal. Feeling frustrated about how this has played out so far is fair, and, since this is banter, maybe okay to let people banter about it. The cherry blossoms as going to be late because it has been damn cold. I mean, jeebus, just frickin' let it go maybe. People get to feel how they get to feel and maybe don't need the lectures from you.

2 minutes ago, Fozz said:

IAD (which is probably the closest airport to your climo) had three days in the past week that were over +5, with one being +12. Multiple days in the 70s. That's not just "barely reaching average".

How about the 5 days prior to that

and the 5 days after that?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you're wrong.

Edit - and I want to be clear that I actually like this cooler weather, just wish we had more rain to go with it. But calling this average because we actually reached 60 for a few days is just nonsense.

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Dude. Just let people feel how they want to feel, for goddsake. You don't have to be the board scold. I was out this weekend and enjoyed it. The previous 28 days in March were WAY colder than normal. The upcoming weekend looks WAY colder than normal. Feeling frustrated about how this has played out so far is fair, and, since this is banter, maybe okay to let people banter about it. The cherry blossoms as going to be late because it has been damn cold. I mean, jeebus, just frickin' let it go maybe. People get to feel how they get to feel and maybe don't need the lectures from you.

I'm not telling anyone how to feel. If you want to be negative, that's your right. But we've had some very nice days as of late with flowers blooming all around town. I can't imagine it being any different in the city.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived