Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter

George BM

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

Hello again... lol

Ready for another battle in Round 2?

Thinking game 1 might not be till Saturday as Wizards are playing at home on Friday for Game 6

Yeah, you're probably right. I hadn't thought of that. The game 7 in the Boston Toronto series helps everyone that's finished their series too.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Cut my grass for the first time this year last night :lmao: ....

At 9pm in the dark.  I'm sure my neighbor loved that Lol ...latest ever in the season 

I still haven't mowed, but it will need it soon after all this rain, maybe Thursday or Friday..... Still raining here and at high for the day at 52.2/50.9, wind E at 6 gusting to 15.

EDIT- about .8 in gauge since the 7 am dump, about 1.3 since it started late yesterday afternoon.

10 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

Most powerful storm of my lifetime happened last year and I actually got struck by lightning. 20-50 branches of real lightning was striking every 1-2 seconds. Multiple pulses, dark swirling clouds, all. :) Besides that, the climate for severe weather has really changed in this area since the early 2000s. For example, it's almost May and there hasn't been a storm and it really hasn't been close. It has been a cold pattern but where are the cumulus clouds? In the 1990s it was also much different. 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Wow!! Congratulations!!

Ehhh hold your horses. I went to Game 2 of the CBJ series so I’m not the best of luck for the team; also went to Game 7 vs the rangers back in 2013 where we got blown out.  I did well when I went to the series vs the Islanders (I think in 2014?), at least.  

Maybe I should sell these. :lol:

13 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Got tickets to Game 1...cap one will be rocking the red!

Nice... are they good seats?

I will be there sometime during the series... probably Game 5 (if needed lol)

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Ehhh hold your horses. I went to Game 2 of the CBJ series so I’m not the best of luck for the team; also went to Game 7 vs the rangers back in 2013 where we got blown out.  I did well when I went to the series vs the Islanders (I think in 2014?), at least.  

You should still go :lol:  I always have a great time down there even as a Pens fan... I will admit I went to the Pens/Caps game when the Caps won in a blowout early in the season... I think it was like 6-1 Caps

24 minutes ago, nj2va said:

That's all hogwash. I don't believe in all that jinx stuff.

But to play it safe, where your boxers inside out.

21 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Cut my grass for the first time this year last night :lmao: ....

At 9pm in the dark.  I'm sure my neighbor loved that Lol ...latest ever in the season 

My grass is long and I bought a battery powered mower for fun I wonder if they would even be able to hear me at 9pm

I got a battery-powered motor for my small lawn last fall. Nowadays they're more lightweight than gas push mowers, and the higher capacity batteries will give you a good 25-30+ minutes of run time (and they charge pretty quick). Electric still doesn't have quite the power that gas mowers have, but it's good enough. Just don't go cheap on electric... you certainly get what you pay for.

Franchise curses are ridiculous fan superstition, but something about this franchise's history transcends from team to team and they make it their own. No way you should squander a two goal lead in the third period in the playoffs at home unless something's not right in the head.

I made a post the other day that one day through luck and unlikely scenario the Caps would win a Cup, but I think that I should add that it'll only happen when they don't the play the Penguins in the playoffs. When it comes to the Penguins, we've got the ipps.

17 hours ago, Ellinwood said:

I got a battery-powered motor for my small lawn last fall. Nowadays they're more lightweight than gas push mowers, and the higher capacity batteries will give you a good 25-30+ minutes of run time (and they charge pretty quick). Electric still doesn't have quite the power that gas mowers have, but it's good enough. Just don't go cheap on electric... you certainly get what you pay for.

I don't know what cheap means but I bought a greenworks 20 inch mower

It was pretty cheap to buy but it has good reviews I think

13 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Absolutely wild outbreak. 

How about the records being broken out there on lack of activity? Crazy stuff.

Right? OK just breaks a record on most quiet start to a year, and here we are looking back at one of the biggest tornado outbreaks ever happening during the same time frame. 

this is why the weather should keep people humble. 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Seven years ago!

I just don't remember this event affecting MD like this.  I recall the Tuscaloosa carnage part of this.  However, I do remember the June 1, 2012 outbreak in this area which personally was much more memorable and scarier because a couple of potent cells passed through my neighborhood and   one contained a confirmed tornado.

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

I just don't remember this event affecting MD like this.  I recall the Tuscaloosa carnage part of this.  However, I do remember the June 1, 2012 outbreak in this area which personally was much more memorable and scarier because a couple of potent cells passed through my neighborhood and   one contained a confirmed tornado.

Oh yeah -- we had a tornado watch issued the evening of the 27th, then again on the 28th for a majority of the day.

Same map from UStornadoes (since I made it), zoomed into MD. I turned off the watch layer for easier viewing. 

Blue: 4/26

Green: 4/27

Purple: 4/28

warnings and confirmed tornadoes

Capture.JPG

4 hours ago, mappy said:

Oh yeah -- we had a tornado watch issued the evening of the 27th, then again on the 28th for a majority of the day.

Same map from UStornadoes (since I made it), zoomed into MD. I turned off the watch layer for easier viewing. 

Blue: 4/26

Green: 4/27

Purple: 4/28

warnings and confirmed tornadoes

Capture.JPG

Just eyeing up, looks like one of the confirmed tornadoes was near Westminster, another near Hampstead, and another around Mt. Carmel Rd/I-83 in Balto Co.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:55 PM, Ellinwood said:

Just keep up on the mowing, dont let the grass get too tall. We have had a decent amount of rain in the past 14 days. Every time my grass gets 3 inches tall I'll mow it. This spring is forecast to be wetter than normal. Good thing summer will be drier and hotter than normal. Subtropics will be happy, lol.

18 hours ago, Sparky said:

Just eyeing up, looks like one of the confirmed tornadoes was near Westminster, another near Hampstead, and another around Mt. Carmel Rd/I-83 in Balto Co.

Yes, all three EF0, Hampstead, Westminster and Hereford, so probably south of me. Good eye ;) 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived