Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter

George BM

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Love days like today. Shorts, t-shirts, and beer.

got some trail biking in nearby.  i'm gonna be hurtin' tomorrow, but it was needed.  i was, however, a little disappointed that my local store doesn't carry "not your mom's apple pie" beer.  that stuff is quality.

12 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Lol at the complaining from the cold zealots over an actually enjoyable warm spring day. 

The average temperature for June 26th (my birthday) at DCA is 86 degrees. We hit 86 yesterday, and I think DCA hit 85 today. The average at DCA for this date is 66 degrees, which is a +20 high departure. Everyone, including myself would be complaining if it were 46 today. Except for maybe Jebman

That was in part due to the epic daytime April snowstorm the Euro and other models showed where it was 32 degrees at daytime with moderate-heavy snow. That's never or barely happens in the cities in April, and we all knew it would be 40s if it didn't snow during the daytime. A -30 departure is hard to do for a high at any time of the year, let alone the Spring to early Fall window (that would be like a high of 57 on July 11th). It's just nearly impossible to be done unless there are extreme circumstances. 

3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Nobody reads a forum with HAARP as the leading topic. At least not on Amwx and with good reason. There are so many variables. I try to be as precise as possible. If associate AGW with a negative emotional response then you will feel bad about it. However it's a good opportunity to shake up our lifestyle and be happier in the short and long-term.

An opportunity like this is very rare. You don't want to hold off on this one.

2 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

Nobody reads a forum with HAARP as the leading topic. At least not on Amwx and with good reason. There are so many variables. I try to be as precise as possible. If associate AGW with a negative emotional response then you will feel bad about it. However it's a good opportunity to shake up our lifestyle and be happier in the short and long-term.

An opportunity like this is very rare. You don't want to hold off on this one.

Why don't you join a climate activist group if you're serious about fighting climate change? Your efforts and passion will be better spent there.

Ultimately it's up to the individual (nobody can convince or coerce you). I am surprised people eagerly accept such a society with open arms unquestioningly. I think change won't come fast enough for most due to the inertia of overpopulation. However I think it's more related to people being confined into cities and losing the connection with nature. Just use me as an example - I live in a rural coastal community and eagerly connect with nature.

I always enjoy sharing my experiences and realizations with Amwx in the hope that it will make you turn towards nature (which is a massive benefit for you). To borrow a term from my idol - "A social experiment in high strangeness". Climate activism groups are just echo chambers. Those who shall not be named that are mostly in the doomsday club.

Cities and overshoot are the pathway to destruction. You can be certain. It doesn't really connect with the narrative we've come accustomed to. It may now be possible to have a rich connected-ness and culture without the utilization of cities. In regards to overpopulation - less is more.

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

I think you all who b**ch over seasonal spring temps should stfu and move to Maine. 

High temps in the mid 80s in mid April is NOT seasonal temps. Todays normal high should be about 66 degrees, with lows in the mid 40s. Not 86 for a high, and lows around 64.

Well given that you all constantly try to run him off, was curious how it would look turned back against you all. 

There are literally hundreds that read and contribute to this forum. Why do you constantly convey this notion that there are two sides fighting a battle and you are the spokesperson for this fictitious underdog? Go fight something real like a windmill.

Because literally there is a group that targets people like subtropic who like warmer weather and tell him to go elsewhere. It’s not funny or kind. The orthodoxy from that group is to embrace cold (the coldest) weather at all costs and make it crappy to post here for those who are okay with seasonal temps in their own season. And, frankly, saying so leads to stuff like your passive aggressive post to me. Either people are celebrating cold no matter what so they can fit in or they are told in various ways to shut up and/or post elsewhere. Like you just did with your windmills swipe. 

Because literally there is a group that targets people like subtropic who like warmer weather and tell him to go elsewhere. It’s not funny or kind. The orthodoxy from that group is to embrace cold (the coldest) weather at all costs and make it crappy to post here for those who are okay with seasonal temps in their own season. And, frankly, saying so leads to stuff like your passive aggressive post to me. Either people are celebrating cold no matter what so they can fit in or they are told in various ways to shut up and/or post elsewhere. Like you just did with your windmills swipe. 

Subtropics isn't some persecuted victim here. He literally said that he expects highs in the 60s in March, and in the 70s in April. Maybe you agree with him, but I think it's completely fair to point out that those are unrealistic expectations in this region, and that southern cities like Atlanta are better places for that kind of weather. I'd say the same to someone who expects subfreezing cold straight from December to March with very few thaws, and with a snowpack that lasts the whole winter. You won't find that here the vast majority of the time, just like you won't find late April weather in mid-March unless it's a crazy anomalous torch like March 2012. But making that the baseline of what you expect will lead to disappointment the vast majority of the time.

Subtropics isn't some persecuted victim here. He literally said that he expects highs in the 60s in March, and in the 70s in April. Maybe you agree with him, but I think it's completely fair to point out that those are unrealistic expectations in this region, and that southern cities like Atlanta are better places for that kind of weather. I'd say the same to someone who expects subfreezing cold straight from December to March with very few thaws, and with a snowpack that lasts the whole winter. You won't find that here the vast majority of the time, just like you won't find late April weather in mid-March unless it's a crazy anomalous torch like March 2012. But making that the baseline of what you expect will lead to disappointment the vast majority of the time.

Subtropics also claimed that wishing for a Cat 4 hurricane up the bay is the same as wishing for a blizzard. He's kind of up there with the person that said that South Carolina has better winters than us, not for warmer weather, but for South Carolina having less wintry weather disappointments.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived