Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter

George BM

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Probably be better to stay on this side in OT with this sort of discussion(taxes). It is considered a bore there in general.

I know PSU has posted in PR before so I suggested that as an option for political talk in general rather than bring it to banter. Its at your own risk though. Lots of polished trolls. People got game there. Its not for everyone lol.

After many years of diving into that crap I can pretty much hold my own. In fact when all is said and told I have probably taken down my share of those polished trolls you are referring to. As they say 'been there, done that'. I just find that the last year or two it isn't really worth the effort. No opinions will be changed and inevitably any worthwhile discussion will degenerate into playground name calling or even worse as others jump into the debate. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, showmethesnow said:

After many years of diving into that crap I can pretty much hold my own. In fact when all is said and told I have probably taken down my share of those polished trolls you are referring to. As they say 'been there, done that'. I just find that the last year or two it isn't really worth the effort. No opinions will be changed and inevitably any worthwhile discussion will degenerate into playground name calling or even worse as others jump into the debate. 

Yup. Thus why I rarely bother anymore. Only reason to "engage" in it is to play the troll game. Otherwise its basically just dueling echo chambers.

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yup. Thus why I rarely bother anymore. Only reason to "engage" in it is to play the troll game. Otherwise its basically just dueling echo chambers.

I will post occasional comments here and there but the main reason I go into those threads anymore is to go Troll hunting. It's great sport. :D

38 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Probably would be better to stay on this side in OT with this sort of discussion(taxes). It is considered a bore there in general.

I know PSU has posted in PR before so I suggested that as an option for political talk in general rather than bring it to banter. Its at your own risk though. Lots of polished trolls. People got game there. Its not for everyone lol.

Don't worry I teach HS remember. A few lewd comments aren't going to phase me. It was kinda lol honestly. 

30 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Don't worry I teach HS remember. A few lewd comments aren't going to phase me. It was kinda lol honestly. 

Oh I know. Just saying if you want a cleaner discussion without constant derailment, OT here would be better- although you likely will have more limited participation.

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

ALL I KNOW IS THAT I TRACK TROPICAL BECAUSE I LOVE IT AND THESE DAYS I'M JUST AS LIKELY TO SEE REMNANTS AS A REAL SNOWSTORM IMBY. 

THANK YOU FOR STANDING UP FOR MY RIGHT TO LOVE TROPICAL IN THAT NUCLEAR WASTELAND OF A THREAD, PSU.

??????

And why are you shouting at me? :P

ALL I KNOW IS THAT I TRACK TROPICAL BECAUSE I LOVE IT AND THESE DAYS I'M JUST AS LIKELY TO SEE REMNANTS AS A REAL SNOWSTORM IMBY. 
THANK YOU FOR STANDING UP FOR MY RIGHT TO LOVE TROPICAL IN THAT NUCLEAR WASTELAND OF A THREAD, PSU.

Tropical is cool. Never tracked it, but I'll probably silently follow this summer. Might lead a thing or two

I mean in all honesty it's probably best to not track it around here. Noting ever produces aside from remnants (which can be good). 
It's really just like tracking a D4 HECS on the Euro.
You know how the movie ends but you have to watch anyway. 

I know that, but I meant tracking them just to track them, not just for what ends up overhead.

Absolutely outstanding day today, well, least in Roanoke. Had car appt at 8:45. Dropped car off and walked 1.5 miles to a Bojangles and ate breakfast, walked back. Then walked their river trail once picked up car rest of afternoon. Put 36,128 steps on pedometer since midnight. I'd guess Roanoke's high was in the 56-58 range, PERFECT spring day with a slight breeze. Came home about 6 pm, high here was 52.8.

Edit- I average right at 2000K steps a mile, so about 18 miles today.

56 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I know that, but I meant tracking them just to track them, not just for what ends up overhead.

Hurricanes are fascinating in their own right, even though the vast majority will never affect our yards. I sometimes track them casually just to see how they evolve. 

i am absolutely 100% ready for warmer weather.  i can't even describe how much i'm done with winter.  i love snow for 3 months.  if we can't get a good snowstorm in dec/jan/feb, then we're a miserable snowtown and don't deserve snow at any other time.  march is for spring.  april is definitely for spring.  no exceptions.  warm weather ftw in april.

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

No, I expected it given our history.  Still expect us to win the series.  But you are a douche with sports though. 

Yeah, I agree with this. I've never understood people that crap on the hometown sports teams regardless who they ultimately root for. I grew up just outside D.C. and have always been a Redskins fan, but having moved to Baltimore, I still like to see the Ravens win. It's where I live. Of course I want them to do well. 

And then there's also that I treat professional sports a lot like the way I think of weather. If I have no control over it, why lose my mind over it?

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, I agree with this. I've never understood people that crap on the hometown sports teams regardless who they ultimately root for. I grew up just outside D.C. and have always been a Redskins fan, but having moved to Baltimore, I still like to see the Ravens win. It's where I live. Of course I want them to do well. 

And then there's also that I treat professional sports a lot like the way I think of weather. If I have no control over it, why lose my mind over it?

Caring about weather makes a lot more sense to me than whether some local or non local sports team does. Well anything?

They could stop playing and I wouldn't notice.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived