Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter

George BM

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
added my first troll/DD to the ignore list...lol
All he does is pop in to other forums when there is a bad run and point out how horrible it looks and how the writing is on the wall and how he saw it coming yesterday.....he always spotted it yesterday but posts the opposite in his home forum. Im obviously not against cross subforum posting as I do it all the time but there is a huge diff between trying to provide some substance/insight and posting one-liners loaded with garbage.

Thank you glad you added someone who isn’t a troll to your list. Compared to what other people have said here what I said is not even close to bad. It’s kind of ridiculous actually all I did was point out a clear south trend on the gfs starting out at 18z and some people feel the need to attack. For those that seen my past posts you all know I’m not a troll.
Dude I dont think anyone was talking about you. Guilty conscience much?

16 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
50 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:
Thank you glad you added someone who isn’t a troll to your list. Compared to what other people have said here what I said is not even close to bad. It’s kind of ridiculous actually all I did was point out a clear south trend on the gfs starting out at 18z and some people feel the need to attack. For those that seen my past posts you all know I’m not a troll.

Dude I dont think anyone was talking about you. Guilty conscience much?

were you not talking about him? or snow88 aka metfan. 

36 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

NYC cleared 40" and is 15.5" above average snowfall for the season. Philadelphia is running almost 8" above average snowfall for the season. 

DC is at ~50% of average. LOL at posters from those areas in here fretting about model runs as if we are all in it together. 

Its each person(and yard) for themselves. Even within this subforum there is no "we". There is always disparity in snowfall across the region, but this winter it is particularly uneven with an odd distribution.

NYC cleared 40" and is 15.5" above average snowfall for the season. Philadelphia is running almost 8" above average snowfall for the season. 
DC is at ~50% of average. LOL at posters from those areas in here fretting about model runs as if we are all in it together. 
Im probably in the minority but I actually root for my Southern friends to cash in with every storm even if it means sacrificing snow in my area. Im not ignorant to the fact the climo is better where I am than farther S which is part of the reason I also cross-post in this subforum......seeing folks cash in that dont regularly celebrate a victory is rewarding for me. Otoh, I rarely root for NYC and I NEVER root for New England. Nothing personal, those areas just always do better and dont need the luck as much. I guess its kind of the underdog thing.....I almost always cheer for the dog.

32 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
1 hour ago, gymengineer said:

Im probably in the minority but I actually root for my Southern friends to cash in with every storm even if it means sacrificing snow in my area. Im not ignorant to the fact the climo is better where I am than farther S which is part of the reason I also cross-post in this subforum......seeing folks cash in that dont regularly celebrate a victory is rewarding for me. Otoh, I rarely root for NYC and I NEVER root for New England. Nothing personal, those areas just always do better and dont need the luck as much. I guess its kind of the underdog thing.....I almost always cheer for the dog.

I was astonished when I looked at your snow totals. Slightly north of Philly, and you have almost 60" for the season? That's insane.

Back in 2014, a lot of us in this forum were the same way by the time March came around. The northern tier had 60"+ for the season while the DC and immediate I-95 crowd had a lot less, and then those of us who already did really well rooted for the DC crowd, and luckily they eventually got theirs too (including a 6-12" storm on March 17). In the end, it was a great winter for everyone.

17 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I was astonished when I looked at your snow totals. Slightly north of Philly, and you have almost 60" for the season? That's insane.

Back in 2014, a lot of us in this forum were the same way by the time March came around. The northern tier had 60"+ for the season while the DC and immediate I-95 crowd had a lot less, and then those of us who already did really well rooted for the DC crowd, and luckily they eventually got theirs too (including a 6-12" storm on March 17). In the end, it was a great winter for everyone.

How was the gradient in 2/12-14/14? I read the OBS thread and it seems like people in Arlington and even NW DC got 12-13", but DCA reported 7"?

7 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

How was the gradient in 2/12-14/14? I read the OBS thread and it seems like people in Arlington and even NW DC got 12-13", but DCA reported 7"?

It was pretty drastic. A lot of the NW areas saw 16-24", but it was more like 4-8" in the warmer and lower areas, as far as I remember. Those who were slightly NW of the fall line were in between.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its each person(and yard) for themselves. Even within this subforum there is no "we". There is always disparity in snowfall across the region, but this winter it is particularly uneven with an odd distribution.

Yes, the distribution has been weird with very specific zones particularly under-performing relative to seasonal averages. But we've seen the general idea before, in winters like 04/05 and 10/11, when people in the northeast who end up well above climo will remember the winter as snowy while those further south will remember the winter as a stinker.  

23 minutes ago, Fozz said:

It was pretty drastic. A lot of the NW areas saw 16-24", but it was more like 4-8" in the warmer and lower areas, as far as I remember. Those who were slightly NW of the fall line were in between.

21" imby from that storm. 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

the 12z gfs will look better, then not, then more precip, then not, then in the end everyone dies. 

Sounds like that would make a great movie. 'Trials and tribulations of a Snow Weenie'.

John Wayne would have been a great fit to play me and Jerry Lewis for Ji.

36 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Talking tropical? Come on man, we are still in winter. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived