Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter

George BM

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

5ac50155e1dd9_charliebrown.thumb.gif.7b3a9e3d8c74ac1e7963d48c92ee0736.gif

Silly me, thought we could go one event this year without all the Debs coming out and plastering the boards with their non-stop, overly repetitious 'No snow for you because of this, this and this'. But no, like clockwork they are here within 2-3 days of an event to let us know how foolish we are for believing we could see some snow.

Just asking, but is it too much to ask if you Debs can tone it down just a little. PLEASE?????????

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ji said:

lots of shutouts in there

It's time to get shutdown by the Euro. The SE ridge won't be denied on its home turf. (La Nina)

28 minutes ago, H2O said:

all these people here rooting for weather that might kill people.  #snowisbad

Make no mistake - the blood will flow in the streets.

43 minutes ago, mappy said:

i for one welcome our debbie downer overlords. 

it adds some flavor...though often times it's of the rotten tomatoes kind.  speaking of which, i once ate an absolutely horrible tomato...rotten tomatoes really are the worst.

1 hour ago, H2O said:

all these people here rooting for weather that might kill people.  #snowisbad

I can guarantee that a major hurricane strike on the East Coast above 36N would change public opinion massively on adaptation and mitigation. Not a Sandy hybrid but a full on major impact.

12z Euro might be off, but it has trended warmer/further north since the ridiculously cold run of 12z yesterday. After seeing the 6z NAM this morning I said that given the late date it makes sense to heavily weigh climo- that means the far western highlands and to a lesser extent the Northern third of the region has the best shot if there is to be any accumulating snow. And I realize that is not rocket science or anything lol. Just what I have been/continue to expect from this event.

7 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

I can guarantee that a major hurricane strike on the East Coast above 36N would change public opinion massively on adaptation and mitigation. Not a Sandy hybrid but a full on major impact.

You mean like all the other Hurricanes they have had before up in NE the last 200-300 years? Before all this Global Warming Hysteria? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_hurricanes

5 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

He was probably trying to say between 36 and 40 but I can't be sure because I don't speak his language perfectly.

Maybe. Even so, any strike through that region can be attributed to blind luck more then anything else considering that the geography of the coastline is a major deterrent to strikes through that region. To imply that it would be because of Global Warming is a major stretch to say the least.

22 minutes ago, Amped said:

I feel like we already had this storm 5 times in 2014.  NW gets decent snows, DC takes forever to changeover but still does pretty well.

This is an anafrontal type storm, right? I think similar storms would be 3/3/14 and 3/5/15. First time I had actually measured a storm on 3/5/15. Got 7" of snow. 

So let me get this straight...

Euro is king if it shows 20" IMBY, or else it has been "really inconsistent and no longer king this season"

GFS is great forecasting system, until it has a DC snowhole and then it has a warm bias and doesn't matter because Euro is king anyway

Icon is the most useless model that isn't even worth mentioning unless it agrees with other guidance showing 10"+

NAM is great until it shows rain then it becomes "out of range"

RGEM is out of range as well until it shows HECS

CMC is a poor man's GFS

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived