Weathernoob335
April Banter

George BM

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Raises hand.

And, yes. It has. We should have broken into sun and warmth by now. For all the crap I take from some posters, for some of us, getting into genuine spring warmth and consistent sun at some point in March is kinda important.

It is nice to know I am not alone. I never really quite understood why my mood was low but this year has confirmed it. I genuinely think that many people do not quite understand what we are dealing with on a day to day basis. I have been very good not letting my mood creep into the boards and have just been using my husband as a sounding board. But as this is a weather board and this disorder is due to weather maybe it needs to be discussed. From what I have looked into it is not just a winter issue but also a summer issue. 

I often joke about the movie Wall-e and the Axiom with its 72 deg sunny year round weather. While that is not what I want as I do like seasons a decent span like that would be nice. :)

I have this sudden urge to go into the severe thread and start pissing and moaning and groaning about how severe sucks up in our region, how the models are crap and how anybody who follows it is a fool. Might even throw in a mention about how drought will screw things up for us. But thinking about it, I will leave that to our resident experts. After all they have had all winter to hone their skills to perfection. B)

I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting the possibility of a snowstorm but surely by now after this winter especially, most people would know not to expect any kind of direct translation of inches from snowmap to inches on the ground.

Not even Ji is losing snow from model run to model run anymore.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

No one wants to admit it, but while there’s no doubt in my mind most don’t take it verbatim, I think many do become invested. At that point you wonder if it becomes a distinction without a difference. 

Those afternoon runs were nice tho :P 

Anyone left alive to enjoy the modeled snowfall? 

9 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Might be the minority view but I really don't  want any snow this weekend.  My interest in snow peaks in January to mid February and after that it slowly decreases.  At this point I am 100% interested in beautiful weather for bike rides, hiking, running, yard work, etc. 

I am with ya. In the middle of a labor intensive sanding/refinishing project- refinishing the "featured" side of my log house (southern exposure). Needs it bad. I really want to get it finished in the next 10 days, but the weather looks sucky overall. I might take off Thursday as it looks like the best day in the next 5 at least.

10 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

It is nice to know I am not alone. I never really quite understood why my mood was low but this year has confirmed it. I genuinely think that many people do not quite understand what we are dealing with on a day to day basis. I have been very good not letting my mood creep into the boards and have just been using my husband as a sounding board. But as this is a weather board and this disorder is due to weather maybe it needs to be discussed. From what I have looked into it is not just a winter issue but also a summer issue. 

I often joke about the movie Wall-e and the Axiom with its 72 deg sunny year round weather. While that is not what I want as I do like seasons a decent span like that would be nice. :)

I have a mild case of it. I am pretty sensitive to the sun angle and length of the days. I take D3 all the time, but I load up on it more in winter. Seems to help.

Call me Roger Smith or Joe Bastardi, but I have this funny feeling that all of us might just reach or exceed climo snow in the next week.  If we get a decent snow from Saturday followed by an Archibald event on Tuesday we will have lived through the most epic April snow period perhaps ever.  :D

Okay, my wife just woke me up.....sloppy inch on Saturday and rain all next week.....Reality sets back in:weep:

5 hours ago, ers-wxman1 said:

I was visiting family in Basking Ridge, NJ for Easter and got into the heavy snow bands. Very impressive event. Started at 4:00 am, roads caved immediately, snow ended at 11 am. Solid 6”.  For April that’s unreal. 

40C1913F-CAA8-4E28-89FE-22BD62D4D358.jpeg

I was in CT had about the same .  >10:1 ratios somehow.   It melted back quite a bit by 2pm.

I want spring as much as the next guy, but if we can get some legit historic weather related in the next week, I'm all for it. I love weather history. I like to be able to see stuff like this happen. It's so fascinating. The best part is, the snow will melt in a few days and the grass gets a nice drink of water in time for spring sun the second half of the month. The major downside to all this is the Cherry Blossoms. Sucks to see them get impacted, but weather going to weather whether we like it or not. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived