• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter

George BM

I wasn't even being negative, just noting that it would suck to be bone-chilling cold this weekend coming while missing snow across the deep south. You took it to a weird place where you are arguing that what we have gone through is normal, when it isn't. And those of us frustrated by the very cold start to spring kinda have a basis in reality for that.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have Michigan v. Villanova in my work pool, with Villanova winning. I hope it isn't a good game tonight and Villanova blows Michigan out...

I need Michigan to win to win all my pools. I’ll still probably end up in a good percentile (98% right now) but I stand to lose little bit if NOVA takes it. I’ve got no points left to score.

If NOVA wins I go from 1st to 6th

31 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

My parents in suburban NYC area are almost at 70 inches for the winter, Islip on Long Island is at 65 inches, pretty amazing those places got more than 7 times the amount of snow down here. 

Long Island seems to have a completely different climo now than it did before 2000. Snowfall average from 2000-2018 is almost double what it was from 1970-2000.

NYC and northern NJ are also up by a lot, but I think for LI the change is the most extreme.

Just here waiting for the ole SE ridge. Was down south a few days ago and 80 felt glorious. 
giphy.gif&key=afb92a0af5d7347be6550a939c4c2333e387fa59cf2fe319f49788fde378b172

Gonna get down to single digits here at Deer Valley tonight. I know I'm probably gonna miss cold weather once this week passes, but after we get the first full week of 80s I'll be embracing summer

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Might be the minority view but I really don't  want any snow this weekend.  My interest in snow peaks in January to mid February and after that it slowly decreases.  At this point I am 100% interested in beautiful weather for bike rides, hiking, running, yard work, etc. 

My main goal is I want it far enough North so it doesn't screw up the weather down in Augusta this weekend for the Masters!

37 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Does anyone else on here deal with Seasonal Affective Disorder? This year has been hard. 

Raises hand.

And, yes. It has. We should have broken into sun and warmth by now. For all the crap I take from some posters, for some of us, getting into genuine spring warmth and consistent sun at some point in March is kinda important.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived