Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Euro has this fun situation where it is low-60s in the very early am hours of Sunday, then we backdoor in the morning and it drops into the upper 40s with rain by evening, but then the front moves back north and we surge back into the 60s in the overnight Sunday-Monday period.

That’s incredibly annoying.

6 hours ago, Subtropics said:

Any chance we can get some dews tomorrow? Would love to have that dew point in the 60s with these temps.

Mid 60s dews will advect in from the south tomorrow, definitely by Sunday. You'll feel totally reborn. We could even end up with high 60s dews 

7 hours ago, Subtropics said:

Any chance we can get some dews tomorrow? Would love to have that dew point in the 60s with these temps.

Why on earth would you want that?  And I don't even mean, why would you want that in April.  Why would you want that EVER?

38 minutes ago, mattskiva said:

Why on earth would you want that?  And I don't even mean, why would you want that in April.  Why would you want that EVER?

Subtropics loves warm humid weather the same way I love subzero temps with 12 inch an hour snows driven by 40 mph NE winds. He will be happy tomorrow, and I will be suffering, lol

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Model battle for Sunday.

3km NAM backdoors us big time, with temps dipping into the 40s on Sunday

GFS keeps the front well north and we stay warm

Euro brings the front to around the Potomac before it gets shoved back north by the approaching system.

I'm rooting for the 3K NAM. I could use a break from this heat, especially at night.

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

If it's going to be a rainy Sunday, it might as well be a cool one. B)

The surface temp progression on some of these meso models are really fascinating to watch, though they're all a bit different in their exact scenarios.

The most insane one IMO is the RGEM, which brings us up to 87 today, but then gets us backdoored early tomorrow morning with mid 50s by 12z. DC is right on the line, with points south and west having another warm day. Actually the HRDPS looks very similar.

Just now, Fozz said:

The surface temp progression on some of these meso models are really fascinating to watch, though they're all a bit different in their exact scenarios.

The most insane one IMO is the RGEM, which brings us up to 87 today, but then gets us backdoored early tomorrow morning with mid 50s by 12z. DC is right on the line, with points south and west having another warm day.

Yeah, there should be some crazy temperature gradients across our forum tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Congress should pass a law making backdoor cold fronts illegal.

Why?

Bring it.

Two days of June weather is plenty for now. Freaking carpenter bees and wasps all over. Pollen ramping up. Looking forward to cooler temps and rain. We have gone dry again in a hurry.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Why?

Bring it.

Two days of June weather is plenty for now. Freaking carpenter bees and wasps all over. Pollen ramping up. Looking forward to cooler temps and rain. We have gone dry again in a hurry.

Agree 1000%. Those screaming 'about time' and 'this is spring' need to move to FL or New Orleans or something. It was 86 at DCA and Dulles yesterday a +20 or so at both locations and within a degree or two of record highs. Just as bad as  those that like cold cheering on cool/cold weather if it had been a 46 and a -20.  As for me, it will sadly be 80+ everyday for the next 5 months and I'll have to suffer thru until October minus the breaks I can get going to son's place in CO or spending time up above 4000 foot in the mountains, but even there you have to fight the crazy humidity.

55 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Agree 1000%. Those screaming 'about time' and 'this is spring' need to move to FL or New Orleans or something. It was 86 at DCA and Dulles yesterday a +20 or so at both locations and within a degree or two of record highs. Just as bad as  those that like cold cheering on cool/cold weather if it had been a 46 and a -20.  As for me, it will sadly be 80+ everyday for the next 5 months and I'll have to suffer thru until October minus the breaks I can get going to son's place in CO or spending time up above 4000 foot in the mountains, but even there you have to fight the crazy humidity.

We could always hope for a Summer 2009 redux, a Weak Nina growing into a Nino in the Summer (Win win for Summer & Winter)

07statewidetrank_300.png.8b65bc4f1fd9c9b36b4742eec4b22192.png

july09-temp.png.cfd5d9bc1d74fac415e92987576eac3c.png

summer09statewidetempranks.gif.7d9f48d0939103a8da60e23a80336096.gif

2 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Yeah this is anything but normal spring weather. It happens every now and then, but a 55 degree sunny day is much closer to the norm in mid-April, than 85 and humid. Thankfully this is short lived, and I'm looking forward to some more seasonable temps this coming week.

28 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The NAM is going to either nail this or go down with the ship.  Holds fast at 18z - brings the backdoor in by sunrise and lands almost all of us in the murk, down into the mid-40s by the evening.

The Euro backdoors BWI late morning and DCA around 4pm.  Not nearly as chilly.

Don’t we normally use the NAM for these type of situations.  This is really like CAD.  I want to believe in it.  I love east wind, drizzle and clammy.  I survived today so maybe I get a bone.  

Last week it was mid 30's with 30 mph winds at my daughter's first soccer game of the season.  It was freaking miserable.  Today's game-time temp was 80+ with a sun-bake temp of about 100F.  Oh, and add in about 10 million pollen grains per cubic meter of air.  This is a lot more miserable.  **** this.  Bring back winter.

37 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Don’t we normally use the NAM for these type of situations.  This is really like CAD.  I want to believe in it.  I love east wind, drizzle and clammy.  I survived today so maybe I get a bone.  

The NAM and especially the NAM3 can be a bit aggressive with the low-level cold air, but I'd give way more weight to them than to the GFS which is notoriously poor with shallow cold air masses.   If you look at the hi-res windows, while they differ on the timing, they all bring the front south of DC tomorrow.     While I have questions about how far south it will get, I have few doubts that the boundary will make it south of DC by midday Sunday at the latest.

Lol at the complaining over warmth in spring from the same crew that high fives and trolled every cold model run and cold day as spring was gutted to start. Went for a 20 mile bike ride at the C & O trail and it was awesome. For those mad we jumped straight to 80s, well, that’s what happens when we waste the first four weeks of spring with crap cold weather and the days we should have had in the 60s get missed.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived