• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

George BM

April Discobs Thread

8 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Is anyone sitting under that stationary cell down in Leesburg?

Checking in.  It's been raining nonstop since about 11A, picked up about .5" in that time with occasional moderate downpours.  Closing in on 1.5" for the event, maybe a little more.

Side note:  This kind of over performance almost never, ever happens here.  Except maybe this time of year.

41 minutes ago, RIC_WX said:

Checking in.  It's been raining nonstop since about 11A, picked up about .5" in that time with occasional moderate downpours.  Closing in on 1.5" for the event, maybe a little more.

Side note:  This kind of over performance almost never, ever happens here.  Except maybe this time of year.

I kept checking radar expecting to see it moving off but wow that thing just sat over top of you down there. 

8 hours ago, Stormpc said:

1.67 2 day total. More today than yesterday

Don't look now but MORE RAIN is coming on Friday. Yards are getting full of new spring grass but the rain just keeps on coming and coming and coming......

I might have to build that Ark after all.........

2 hours ago, Jebman said:

Don't look now but MORE RAIN is coming on Friday. Yards are getting full of new spring grass but the rain just keeps on coming and coming and coming......

You will if we get a 1972 or 1975 Redux..

350px-Eloise_1975_rainfall.png

220px-Agnes_1972_rainfall.gif

Looks like a half inch of rain on average for the upcoming event late tonight and tomorrow. Heavier stuff probably stays down in central/southern VA.

My total was only 0.35" for the last event, including what fell last night. Not close to what was advertised, which was an inch or so.

Sitting at 2.73" for the month.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jebman said:

The forecast for here is between 1/10 and 1/4 inch.  That's very likely to result in a T.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like a half inch of rain on average for the upcoming event late tonight and tomorrow. Heavier stuff probably stays down in central/southern VA.

My total was only 0.35" for the last event, including what fell last night. Not close to what was advertised, which was an inch or so.

Sitting at 2.73" for the month.

Yep.  Same.  Drought posts will be coming soon.