Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs Thread

George BM

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Heh, about that.  Radar looks pitiful suddenly...shocker. Guess it's time to get the garden hose out.

I was just thinking the same thing. I've got 50lbs of seed potatoes that are sprouting. I was looking forward to a nice soaker. Looks like nothing but sprinkles. I guess I'll go get the well turned on.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Subtropics said:

Bring on the 90s! I hope they stay straight through october. BRING IT!! DC runs about 15 degrees too cool on monthly averages Fall/Winter/Spring than where I'd consider a nice place to live. Time to make up lost time.

You really are like a reverse Jebman. If only you were the one who was moving to south Texas.

59 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Very surprised that we had 1.36" overnight.  I thought that someone was playing a joke on me and had poured water into my rain gauge.

a nice batch of heavy rain moved north through the city and up my way into PA. Was absolutely pouring when I woke at 5am. 

1.73 IMBY total, 1.44 since midnight. 

8 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Is anyone sitting under that stationary cell down in Leesburg?

Checking in.  It's been raining nonstop since about 11A, picked up about .5" in that time with occasional moderate downpours.  Closing in on 1.5" for the event, maybe a little more.

Side note:  This kind of over performance almost never, ever happens here.  Except maybe this time of year.

41 minutes ago, RIC_WX said:

Checking in.  It's been raining nonstop since about 11A, picked up about .5" in that time with occasional moderate downpours.  Closing in on 1.5" for the event, maybe a little more.

Side note:  This kind of over performance almost never, ever happens here.  Except maybe this time of year.

I kept checking radar expecting to see it moving off but wow that thing just sat over top of you down there. 

8 hours ago, Stormpc said:

1.67 2 day total. More today than yesterday

Don't look now but MORE RAIN is coming on Friday. Yards are getting full of new spring grass but the rain just keeps on coming and coming and coming......

I might have to build that Ark after all.........

Looks like a half inch of rain on average for the upcoming event late tonight and tomorrow. Heavier stuff probably stays down in central/southern VA.

My total was only 0.35" for the last event, including what fell last night. Not close to what was advertised, which was an inch or so.

Sitting at 2.73" for the month.

6 hours ago, Jebman said:

Don't look now but MORE RAIN is coming on Friday. Yards are getting full of new spring grass but the rain just keeps on coming and coming and coming......

I might have to build that Ark after all.........

The forecast for here is between 1/10 and 1/4 inch.  That's very likely to result in a T.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like a half inch of rain on average for the upcoming event late tonight and tomorrow. Heavier stuff probably stays down in central/southern VA.

My total was only 0.35" for the last event, including what fell last night. Not close to what was advertised, which was an inch or so.

Sitting at 2.73" for the month.

Yep.  Same.  Drought posts will be coming soon.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived