Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Ran a 5K event that started at 8:30 am. Can confirm it was a cold start. Gloves helped. 

Cool! That is about the longest I can 'run', shin splints kick in past that distance. I can hike/walk miles (longest in one day 44 miles) but running creates havoc. Actually just did another 10 today.

30 here this am, but no watches/warnings, growing season doesn't officially start here until May 1st. 62.2/25.6 out there now with a cloudless blue sky.

5 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Cool! That is about the longest I can 'run', shin splints kick in past that distance. I can hike/walk miles (longest in one day 44 miles) but running creates havoc. Actually just did another 10 today.

30 here this am, but no watches/warnings, growing season doesn't officially start here until May 1st. 62.2/25.6 out there now with a cloudless blue sky.

Good lord - 44 miles in a day of hiking is no  joke. The 5K was my first baby step toward a stretch goal of a 100 miler I would like to attempt April of 2019...

10 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Yeah, this was great.  Loving the forecast too.  Nice temps, with a rainy day every 3-4 days.  I’ll sacrifice a full Tuesday to keep the weekend weather dry.

Couldn’t agree more. Even though it got a little chilly after about 4:00 pm yesterday, overall we sane people couldn’t have wished for a nicer weekend.

Why cant we just have normal temps, 70/50?

Why do we have to go straight to all out summer with 90 next week?

Those of you who are well off are happy, but I have to rough these things out. There is NO mercy at all for me. Not even the so-called christian g-d can help me.

I was born POOR and I will DIE POOR, probably in the midst of torrid 90 degree heat, most likely in an early heat wave several months ahead of schedule. Global warming is speeding up, it will only get hotter and hotter from here.

It hits 90 next week, I am in straight-up HELL. Do NOT pass Go, do NOT collect 200 dollars worth of A/C. Go straight to Hell, Jebman. Don't even THINK about sleeping for days and days and days and days.

Give me wall to wall 90s in July. Please give me seasonal temps in late April. That's 67/46. NOT 90/70 bullsh!t.

The outdoor pools dont even open til May 27. Thats a MONTH from now! Not that I can ever afford to go to an outdoor pool. We dont need fracking 90 degree nonsense. There  will be plenty of time for 90s highs from June 5 til Thanksgiving since we will be in a moderate Nina this fall. That means drier and much hotter than usual in the fall.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived