Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April Discobs Thread

George BM

3 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yeah, daytime snow on Apr. 9 is pretty bizarre.  Even more bizarre is yet another precip event that manages to last several hours or more, yet not manage to provide any meaningful precip.  

I saw rain and snow at 1230pm. Pretty interesting on Apr 9. It was spectacular jebwalk weather.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Socked with a thick mid level cloud deck and 42 degrees.  Yup...spring is here in DC.  Don't see how we get anywhere near the low 70s that NWS point and click has since the visible satellite has clouds all the way back to Ohio. Thinking we top out in the mid 60s.

This was always going to be a late-day high.  Don't know about Gaithersburg, but I don't think we'll have any trouble down here getting to 70.  Back edge of the main cloud deck is already to Winchester.

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

This was always going to be a late-day high.  Don't know about Gaithersburg, but I don't think we'll have any trouble down here getting to 70.  Back edge of the main cloud deck is already to Winchester.

Sunny now, but when you walk in the shadows of buildings it still has that cool bite to it.  We're going to need a night or two of warm lows to bring the ground temps up.  I'm so ready for spring.

8 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Socked with a thick mid level cloud deck and 42 degrees.  Yup...spring is here in DC.  Don't see how we get anywhere near the low 70s that NWS point and click has since the visible satellite has clouds all the way back to Ohio. Thinking we top out in the mid 60s.

Good call, as always.

86 degrees in Woodbridge, DP is 40 but tomorrow it is gonna get into the 60s ugh Good chance we crack 90 for a high in the next 2-3 days, NWS is absolutely SCRAMBLING to keep up, we do full summer in April like a BOSS.

One thing we do NOT fail at, is a full early summer onset in DC in mid April! Gentlemen, start those air conditioners! Oh wait! I'm too damn POOR to have A/C. Oh the horrors! Snow and a supposedly frigid January are distant barely remembered memories as we grapple with the Infamous Summer Tsunami in only Mid April. Those of you who were complaining about its too damn cold can stop complaining now! Warm enough for ya?

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Meanwhile, I’m in Boston where it’s cloudy and 60 and we’re going to freeze Sunday. 

Why me, Lord?

Because you are The Reaper. You MUST suffer regular freezes in order to stay in shape for the coming Winter of 2018-2019.

You cannot retire. You are Eternal, thou canst retire.

55 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Meanwhile, I’m in Boston where it’s cloudy and 60 and we’re going to freeze Sunday. 

Why me, Lord?

Lucky you are what I wouldn’t give to switch places with you.  We need a reverse panic room for people like me who panic about warm weather

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived