Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2nd SNE stats padder no foolin, obs and discussion

Ginx snewx

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

This event reminds of me of the kick-off event back on Dec. 9th.  That one was an overachiever too for CT(picked up 7.5" in that one to start off the season), and had very good snowgrowth and was a nice event to start off the season.  This one and that one are like the "Bookends" of the winter...Nice way to go out imo.

Except there’s 2 more events 

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I believe codfish got 3 which is pretty linear with reports of 5 BDL area and 4 here not necessarily a bad valley screw job there just a bit north of the most persistent banding.  52.5 on the season is above normal here despite the lousy retention and valley shaft jobs.  

He said a page or two back that he got boned again....and just a few miles away had more.  So that's why I stated that in my post.  Perhaps it wasn't as bad??  Maybe he'll chime in and clarify??

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Except there’s 2 more events 

Perhaps???  Not sold on that idea.  The bigger coastal for the area on the weekend....It wouldn't surprise me if that came back in the picture going forward, but anything else I'm not buying at the moment.   If the weekend doesn't come back...this was a nice way to end it imo.

Nice call today by you and Anthony.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Perhaps???  Not sold on that idea.  The bigger coastal for the area on the weekend....It wouldn't surprise me if that came back in the picture going forward, but anything else I'm not buying at the moment.   If the weekend doesn't come back...this was a nice way to end it imo.

Thursday night/ Fri

Then rains flips back to snow Fri nite

39 minutes ago, White Rain said:

The Pictures from Central Park this morning look pretty amazing for April. Trees were decked. Times Square cam as usual didn’t show much accumulation.428B902C-91F0-43D0-AAC3-57F2D670DCE3.thumb.jpeg.4f3c854d59c8cb02fac1f536bbd10ae5.jpeg

Great image.  I never imagine the inner city cams like Time Square showing much unless it's a huge event.  Urban snow on tall buildings is always kind of meh looking anyway. 

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yeah that was a pretty good one for Kevin and Anthony /Metfan/ snow88.

It felt like deep winter for a few hours.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thursday night/ Fri

Then rains flips back to snow Fri nite

Good luck with southerly flow down there. It'd be nice to get that sfc low "under" us. The GFS tries to CAD us up here and force the low a little to my south, but ultimately doesn't succeed. Any flip back to snow is probably just post frontal showers/flurries.

47 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Basically you had good WAA aloft, say 5-8 thousand feet above the surface. This lift translated well into the snow growth zone which was maybe 10-15 thousand feet above ground. This area of forcing sort of pushed NE and then E which led to a few hours of mdt-hvy snow across CT into RI and SE MA. 

Thanks. 
I need to get myself more educated.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Phucking Long Island. Where is the pope to tell me about all these horror stories. They have been a relative weenie spot since 2011.

The first three March events here were disasters, first was 3 degrees too warm, second was subsidence hell with NJ cashing in. Third was banding 25 miles east of me and dealing with 34F light crap. Jan 4 was a great event here though, end of March event definitely produced and today was a treat. I have 48” for the season and I’m on the low end of Long Island totals-north shore is 60-70”+. Glad this Nina could produce for us, sucks to be south of Philly and struggling to 10”. Good thing about NYC is that we can produce in both Nina and Nino patterns, but also blow chunks when the cutoff is 20 miles south or east of us. NYC is probably the worst to forecast for among the major northeast cities. 

Archived