Ginx snewx

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Please send me your snowfall totals so i can make a map, thanks

6.0 inches in Southington.

68” on the season.

If the last two nor’easters could have worked out the way they were forecast to...I’d be darn close, if not over 100” here.  Those two busts killed what would have been a real killer year. 

Just now, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I'm thinking about Burlington. Less snow for me to get around in relatively. And probably somewhere I can find disability housing. My son's leaving for college this summer, so I have no reason to stay.

Do your research thoroughly.  I don't anything specific about disability housing but the housing market in general in Burlington is extremely tight.

1 minute ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I'm thinking about Burlington. Less snow for me to get around in relatively. And probably somewhere I can find disability housing. My son's leaving for college this summer, so I have no reason to stay.

Hey man, I wish you no ill will and nothing but the best. Carry on and good luck to you 

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

Do your research thoroughly.  I don't anything specific about disability housing but the housing market in general in Burlington is extremely tight.

I basically need to be someplace ground level with convenience for shopping, etc. The two flights of steps in my dad's house are killing me. Burlington is just and Idea. I've got 6 months to decide where to go.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Hey Sugarloaf, when you say less snow..you mean compared to other areas of Vermont right??  

I wish you the best in your search.

Yes, it seems that way, Eyewall also complains about their snowfall. It's also got the International Airport, so my son can easily visit. I also want to get in 1-2 years of skiing while I can still walk.

7 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Yes, it seems that way, Eyewall also complains about their snowfall. It's also got the International Airport, so my son can easily visit. I also want to get in 1-2 years of skiing while I can still walk.

How about near Stowe, or jay peak, or killington area?  Great ski towns...but don’t know if those would be good for disability situations though??? 

24 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

6.0 inches in Southington.

68” on the season.

If the last two nor’easters could have worked out the way they were forecast to...I’d be darn close, if not over 100” here.  Those two busts killed what would have been a real killer year. 

But that’s how it goes. If I hadn’t missed out on a few events that hit areas SE of me, I’d have over 80”. You can say that every winter lol. 

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

How about near Stowe, or jay peak, or killington area?  Great ski towns...but don’t know if those would be good for disability situations though??? 

Burlington is near Smugglers, Bolton, Stowe, MRG and Sugarbush. I don't want to live in a ski town. I've heard less than desirable comments regarding living in Rutland. My brother lives in Montreal, so I'd be close by to visit him.

1 minute ago, codfishsnowman said:

poof like magic it's gone lol

did better than I thought we would here...gets me to just about avg for the season anyways

I’ll probably regret saying this if it happened (LOL) but if I rained and you got 2’, I won’t hate. You are really a patient man my friend. You are due for a biggie. 

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ll probably regret saying this if it happened (LOL) but if I rained and you got 2’, I won’t hate. You are really a patient man my friend. You are due for a biggie. 

Cod fishers have to be patient...gamblers too lol

I hit this Friday so I guess I shouldn't be too greedy with jack pots of any kind lol

I have been accused by many in the past of having a jackpot fetish

Thanks for the kind words

0330181709.jpg

0330181705a.jpg

5 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

#19 as in all time? What local climate site are you using to keep track of your own data? 

I've spent Quite a bit of time attaining the most accurate totals of seasons past.  I started here in 2002-2003.  But don't doubt how much time I spent on a zillion sites (I'm The Snowman!), and running down to the Town Hall with my connections to get any weather data.  

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

I've spent Quite a bit of time attaining the most accurate totals of seasons past.  I started here in 2002-2003.  But don't doubt how much time I spent on a zillion sites (I'm The Snowman!), and running down to the Town Hall with my connections to get any weather data.  

What site are you talking about

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

But that’s how it goes. If I hadn’t missed out on a few events that hit areas SE of me, I’d have over 80”. You can say that every winter lol. 

Oh you can always say that for sure....but we weren’t supposed to miss those two I referred to.  And it’s not every winter that you miss two back to back that were very major storms.  To me that’s a difference.

Being out of the game or missing completely is a lil different on the psyche, than being forecast for 10-16, and 12-18 in back to back storms, and missing out on both as the storms are happening.  That’s a lil more sour than it being a cutter, or passing well east.  

Snow is gone as quickly as the hair off of my head.

The other day John (Tip) brought up in one of his posts a brief mention on snow melt and the complex science behind it with regard to different soil/ ground conditions.  I would like to get into a deeper discussion on snow melt and the effects that certain soils and ground conditions have on speeding up the melting process.  I always seem to lose snow pretty fast depending on different factors.  Even after the big March storm where I had 21 inches or so, plus the storm after, it seemed that I lost my snow faster than even some people on the south coast of Mass.  i remember 2014/2015 when I broke 100" and Boston had amazing snow it seemed that Scott was retaining his snow in Weymouth better than I was.  I have access to geololgical survey maps so I suppose that would bethe place to start. 

10 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Snow is gone as quickly as the hair off of my head.

The other day John (Tip) brought up in one of his posts a brief mention on snow melt and the complex science behind it with regard to different soil/ ground conditions.  I would like to get into a deeper discussion on snow melt and the effects that certain soils and ground conditions have on speeding up the melting process.  I always seem to lose snow pretty fast depending on different factors.  Even after the big March storm where I had 21 inches or so, plus the storm after, it seemed that I lost my snow faster than even some people on the south coast of Mass.  i remember 2014/2015 when I broke 100" and Boston had amazing snow it seemed that Scott was retaining his snow in Weymouth better than I was.  I have access to geololgical survey maps so I suppose that would bethe place to start. 

You talking your place in Brooklyn? Direct sun, flat plain facing west all factors.. The time of sun exposure /shade is huge. The type of snow too, Scooter being near the coast had more cement that refroze locking crystals tight together. Loose high ratio snow vaporizes or sublinates easier too.Soils that are sandy warm quicker but also cool quicker. 

Archived