Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2nd SNE stats padder no foolin, obs and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

And as usual NYC terminals are low for the season, especially JFK. NYC should be around 45” throughout. Central Park wasn’t terrible like some seasons but it’s still low. 

Seems to be par for the course for all large, urban markers, especially the airports (worst place ever to take snow measurements)

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Any cocorahs measuring around 4am will probably have 6” of new snow and a continuous daily depth of 0”.

This should be a good one.

4/2/2018   4:30 AM   CT-NL-21   Griswold 0.9 N    0.00      0.0   |   0.00       0.0   |  0.00    CT New London  

It's amazing how fast this is vaporizing. 6" at noon, now the trees are bare with a green apron beneath, and the snow has compressed to about an inch or two at best. Since I've had close to 2 feet since March 1 and have a bit more distance from the busts, I'm prepared to up my grade for the winter to C+. If February had done anything, this could've been a solid A- type season.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

This should be a good one.

4/2/2018   4:30 AM   CT-NL-21   Griswold 0.9 N    0.00      0.0   |   0.00       0.0   |  0.00    CT New London  

I had .25 new when I left, 5.9 today and will check depth 6 Am probably 1-2, actually around 2 down here at work next town down next to Griswold

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

It's amazing how fast this is vaporizing. 6" at noon, now the trees are bare with a green apron beneath, and the snow has compressed to about an inch or two at best. Since I've had close to 2 feet since March 1 and have a bit more distance from the busts, I'm prepared to up my grade for the winter to C+. If February had done anything, this could've been a solid A- type season.

I got a nice event here on Feb 17th on a saturday night-6.5 inches fell...then that following Wednesday(the 21st) it was 80 degrees lol.  Then 24 hrs later it was snowing again!!!

Archived