Newest Member
    Dano62
April 2nd SNE stats padder no foolin, obs and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Cloud line moving rapidly SEward.  Missed the snow by 40 miles but an hour ago it was deeply overcast with virga.  Now blue skies as the shield is galloping away

It may be meaningless to some but .. I do find these short duration changes fascinating that can happen in the spring.  I remember them, too... not really specific dates, but... I've seen large sleet pellets in the morning falling at 45/19 ... go to 65 F in the afternoon post a warm front, and 80 F the next day. 

Obviously nothing like that is going to be happening anywhere within a 1,000 miles of this region in this case, but still.. the environmental change from 1/2 mi vis in snow to hot April sun does get some of that affect.

Anyway, NW Mass on hi res vis imagery burst into sun all at once... Like 2 mi vis light dying snow to full sun within 15 minutes. That back edge is really pretty neat looking on satellite as it presses E at 30 mph ... the clouds are more ENE motion at perhaps 40 but the east component is thus slower by some.  

Archived