Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2nd SNE stats padder no foolin, obs and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderately heavy snow in HVN. I am amazed, this looks to be a good solid snowfall for the area… Never would have believed it with yesterday’s highs near 60, but this is both sticking to roads and rapidly accumulating. If we don’t taint, I’d say Upton’s predicted 5 inches here is easily doable.

As far as I’m concerned this storm is already an overachiever compared with any of the last 4 storms, which all started way too late and several dollars short vs. predictions IMBY...

1 minute ago, ct_yankee said:

Moderately heavy snow in HVN. I am amazed, this looks to be a good solid snowfall for the area… Never would have believed it with yesterday’s highs near 60, but this is both sticking to roads and rapidly accumulating. If we don’t taint, I’d say Upton’s predicted 5 inches here is easily doable.

As far as I’m concerned this storm is already an overachiever compared with any of the last 4 storms, which all started way too late and several dollar short vs. predictions IMBY...

This is definitely an over achiever given the time of year.

Didn't u guys get hammered too in the March 8 storm where most of CT lost power? NWS shows New Haven getting 8 to 12 there.

4 to 6 in the March 13 storm. Obviously less than predicted there u guys were supposed to get 1.5 feet.

3 in the March 21st storm. Obviously bust there.

Here in Easton was 10, 9.5, 2.5 restectively.

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

This is definitely an over achiever given the time of year.

Didn't u guys get hammered too in the March 8 storm where most of CT lost power? NWS shows New Haven getting 8 to 12 there.

4 to 6 in the March 13 storm. Obviously less than predicted there u guys were supposed to get 1.5 feet.

3 in the March 21st storm. Obviously bust there.

Here in Easton was 10, 9.5, 2.5 restectively.

We got less than 5 inches which immediately melted, there was a huge gradient near the immediate shoreline for that one. And as you say, predictions were off the chart, so big letdown.

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NYC getting crushed. What an end to winter there. 

Your not going to believe this.

3.5 inches today so far brings me to 53 inches. 1 inch more than the great winter of 2014 2015! 

Next highest is 2013 2014 where I had 58. Unless this weekend works out will be out of reach.

Amazing March and April with 25.5 so far. Almost annual average range for this area of 30 to 35.

Archived