SnowHabit
April 2nd SNE stats padder no foolin, obs and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

They will in the Boston area. 

Yeah I think it’s fine In Boston area unless it’s like a few hours of 1/2SM snow. High ratio snow will take awhile. But if there should be a good fronto band like NAM says, different story.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I think it’s fine In Boston area unless it’s like a few hours of 1/2SM snow. High ratio snow will take awhile. But if there should be a good fronto band like NAM says, different story.

Yea, feel ok selling the NAM..pretty muck back where we were yesterday on the EURO. I think we'r left chasing our tail on any net push north.

The only change ive noticed in the past 15 years or so is to split Litchfield county into S and N sections. The criteria used to be 3" for BOX and OKX CT zones and 4" for ALY zone (litchfield) and 12 hr warning was 6" for BOX/OKX and 7" for ALY. That was changed to make all of CT the same criteria probably to help with continuity and on-air mets communicate a clear message. There were a lot of situations were there would be warnings up for the whole state and an advisory up for litchfield county but for the same snowfall (e.g. 4-8")

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m expecting 4-5” here 

Good luck with that and kudos for jumping on this days ago but I'm thinking 2-3" for you.  All gravy this time of year anyway. 

I was out with the dogs tonight and was getting that dry virga vibe that I've gotten so familiar with over the years. 

22 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Good luck with that and kudos for jumping on this days ago but I'm thinking 2-3" for you.  All gravy this time of year anyway. 

I was out with the dogs tonight and was getting that dry virga vibe that I've gotten so familiar with over the years. 

Everything has a beautiful fronto band right across N CT to N RI 3-6” band 

Ridgefield CT looks to jack with 7-8”

Archived