Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2nd SNE stats padder no foolin, obs and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Can someone explain to me why so many on air mets are saying the roads will be fine tomorrow? 

My wife said this morning, well at least the roads will be fine. I showed her the picture from a couple years ago in April with our roads covered...

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

My wife said this morning, well at least the roads will be fine. I showed her the picture from a couple years ago in April with our roads covered...

Yeah... roads got covered with several inches in the middle of the day in 2016.

It can absolutely happen. The question with this system is if we will get anything heavy enough to produce those results 

On 3/31/2018 at 12:53 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Good news is, even if it hits... probably won’t warrant another snow day.

bulk appears to be after the morning commute when kids are already to school.

prob limited accums on the roads anyway 

Hey a snow day is never bad news LOL. Us snow plowers don’t take a snow day but at least let the kids have some fun!!

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... roads got covered with several inches in the middle of the day in 2016.

It can absolutely happen. The question with this system is if we will get anything heavy enough to produce those results 

Yeah, the rates are key... At least it will be early morning. I would like to break 70" this year, so let's pick up some tomorrow and next weekend and we should be good. 

April break for us is next week...7-15...no district is gonna take April break away(.or a couple days of it) a week or two before it arrives.  They’d get crushed with sick days by all the teachers going on vacation that week...not gonna hapoen even if one or two more snow days occur.   Too close to the break at this point to do that.  

Just now, WinterWolf said:

April break for us is next week...7-15...no district is gonna take April break away(.or a couple days of it) a week or two before it arrives.  They’d get crushed with sick days by all the teachers going on vacation that week...not gonna hapoen even if one or two more snow days occur.   Too close to the break at this point to do that.  

Good Friday got taken away and one day of vacation will be taken away for sure if tomorrow is a snow day.

43 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Can someone explain to me why so many on air mets are saying the roads will be fine tomorrow? 

Perhaps Because some of these clowns still believe in the ground too warm and sun angle to strong ideas of yesteryear.  

If the rates are there...it accumulates on anything...if the rates are there.  Maybe they think the rates aren’t gonna be heavy enough? 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ok well not here in Southington...they’d get lynched here if they tried that nonsense!!  Thats Total BS.  

It’s really not a big deal. If people have vacations they are still going. I’m sure they expect a bunch of people not to show up... as long as it counts as a day, that’s all that matters.

People complain they are going to school until almost July and then complain they are taking away vacation days etc etc. can’t have it both ways. The days have to be made up

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Perhaps Because some of these clowns still believe in the ground too warm and sun angle to strong ideas of yesteryear.  

If the rates are there...it accumulates on anything...if the rates are there.  Maybe they think the rates aren’t gonna be heavy enough? 

When we're talking about ground temperatures in the 20s and night time/dawn time frame rates don't mean much, it's going to accumulate either way if it's well below 32F at the surface. And this certainly looks to be the case. 

Archived