Newest Member
    Dano62
April 2nd SNE stats padder no foolin, obs and discussion

Ginx snewx

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Modelling at 12 Z developing a pretty vigorous little Shortwave which is dynamically developing for Monday.  Early weenie maps suggest a 4 to 6 grass deck car topper with minor road accumulation.  Please discuss.

Vigorous? 4-6"?

Looks like 2-4" to me in s CT, 1-3" north.

Hopefully I'm missing something other than the snow, and you guys get a nice event.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Vigorous? 4-6"?

Looks like 2-4" to me in s CT, 1-3" north.

Hopefully I'm missing something other than the snow, and you guys get a nice event.

I like the dynamics , RGEM and High Def RGEM NAM are pretty stout with excellent snow growth soundings.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Posted in other thread, but dynamics are pretty good to about the pike. North of the qpf bullseye.

I usually look for a maxima in the RH fields, and didn't see that displaced to the north as is often the case in banding signatures.

What did you use to diagnose that?

Happy Easter / Passover everyone

If the NAM has a clue --- and that's a whale of an "if" while Euro is meh --- decent dynamics esp for CT into southeast MA, quick hitter notable mostly for the time of year...  for entertainment purposes only, look at soundings for KPYM below, I think that's better than anything they had during the 3/21 chokestorm...  no good easterly fetch and won't have much moisture to work with, so we'd need those dynamics

12z_NAM_KPYM_51hrs_soundings.jpg.0914a4beb1c4ae75246685d8a4e4c887.jpg

12z_NAM_03_31_18_Frontogenesis.jpg.b9c91e106884b0e433244295c500fc31.jpg

15 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Happy Easter / Passover everyone

If the NAM has a clue --- and that's a whale of an "if" while Euro is meh --- decent dynamics esp for CT into southeast MA, quick hitter notable mostly for the time of year...  for entertainment purposes only, look at soundings for KPYM below, I think that's better than anything they had during the 3/21 chokestorm...  no good easterly fetch and won't have much moisture to work with, so we'd need those dynamics

12z_NAM_KPYM_51hrs_soundings.jpg.0914a4beb1c4ae75246685d8a4e4c887.jpg

12z_NAM_03_31_18_Frontogenesis.jpg.b9c91e106884b0e433244295c500fc31.jpg

Like I said to Ray, impressive soundings

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I usually look for a maxima in the RH fields, and didn't see that displaced to the north as is often the case in banding signatures.

What did you use to diagnose that?

Just looking at soundings, the 700 fronto stuff and H7-H5 lift. Only speaking about NAM and GFS. It's possible they could be too robust too.

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

What are your thoughts on timing?

"morning commute" can be pretty broad.  I commute in at 6am, while others I know head in at 10.

Any clowns to look at that can be posted here?

Well it may be slippery if it comes down hard enough. This time of year 4sm -SN does not cut it. But verbatim someone would get a good swipe of snow near s coast. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well it may be slippery if it comes down hard enough. This time of year 4sm -SN does not cut it. But verbatim someone would get a good swipe of snow near s coast. 

Looks like the typical spring storm, if you get under heavy bands you get smoked for a while, out of it it's it rain or snizzle 

Archived