April 2 Snow Event

NorthArlington101

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, H2O said:

Yay rain

April showers...

Been outside all day working on the beginning stages of refinishing the south side of the house. And still working on the deck. Screw snow and chasing it. Its gorgeous out. Pretty much no interest in it or padding snow totals, which is all that can happen now. Good luck to those who are in the northern third. Its all yours!

12z runs are now showing a concern I had mentioned a day or so ago. The mesos (NAM twins, and RGEM) are all now showing a slightly stronger low running underneath us. This stronger low in turn is allowing a stronger southerly flow in front of the system as well as a shift northward of the lows track, temps and axis of heavier precip rates. This is making a very marginal situation to begin with (temps) for the DC/Balt corridor very tenuous indeed. The globals on the other hand are holding firm though there may possibly be a small hint or two they may be thinking about ramping the low up a touch. But this could be nothing more then noise when all is said and done.

Needless to say we want a solution (weaker low and track) that comes closer to verification towards the globals for our snow chances. Otherwise I think we struggle to see snow accumulations even up towards the PA line regardless of what the snowfall maps may suggest. At this point I would probably favor a solution more in line with the globals as I think the meso's may be over amping the low which is a frequent tendency of theirs. 

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I wish i had furniture buying excitement in my weekend life right now. I’m working. Every day until April 12. :(

Sorry that sucks. Sometimes when debate season, state test grading, and curriculum writing all line up I can go several weeks without a day off but I make up for it other times when I get weeks off at a time. But it's still rough. 

1 minute ago, Jandurin said:

If he'd said April 15 I'd think he was busy because of taxes

I imagine accountants aren't interested in a snowstorm in early April

Interested and the deadline is the 17th this year. Can’t imagine even a perfect storm will be enough to mess up the roads in April

12 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

LWX forecast. Surprising that many people aren't excited here

I was getting a little excited at first, but it looks like it's shifting north, so not much of a chance anymore.

I can't really get myself worked up about it either since whatever falls will be vaporized by the April sun within hours.

27 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Because it is spring, maybe? And it’s less than an inch for most of us if lwx is right? That’s probably why. 

Yeah its a meh. This "event" has been for the majority of the forum for a while now. I dont think the potential for an inch or 2 would even interest me in the least. If there is a chance at something more towards historic, then I am in. I just dont see it happening a week or more down the road, despite the good h5 look. I mean its a good look- for J or F or even the first half of M, but April? Eh. I want some decent rain because I just put some fertilizer/pre-emergent down and the damn birds think its seed.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived