• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening everyone on this chilly evening. Here is what I will write about tonight:

The air nips at you with a sharp chill. The air is saturated with a mist so thick that the streetlights are dimmed to a subtle haze. You see your breath twirl in clouds as you exhale, watching it mingle and mix with the thick mist that coats the atmosphere. As you walk, the soft ground gives under you and you hear the pit-pat of the water gripping your boots. Remnants of past snowstorms slush under your feet. You know spring is in the air.

This is an excerpt from a little something I am writing, but this I wrote just now as i observed the air outside. Hope everyone is having a good evening and is staying dry

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Isn't it closer?  I owe myself a trip there to take in the culture and try  some of the unique beer offerings there.

Yeah, 2.5 hours vs 3 hours to Boston, not including waiting to cross the border. I actually need to explore more of the city. We always stay downtown but there is so much more to see. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

8 here and I still have sleet otg from Monday.  I'm well into "next year's firewood".

ORH now has 8 days this month with snowfall of at least a trace. That will likely reach 9 this Thursday and maybe 10 if it goes into predawn Friday.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Sunday-Tuesday look nice. Then we cstl low and sh*t weather after. I cannot wait until Sunday. This wx is just terrible. Congrats to those holding onto a decaying glacier.

Heading to Port saint Lucie on Monday.. hoping for nice weather but looks rainy the first couple days... Ugh

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

thoughts on the 2 Nor'easters in the pipeline? First one is pretty close to being impactful for elevated interior ORH Berks?

Yeah Berks to nrn ORH hills and adjacent VT and NH I think later tomorrow. It depends where that band of precip sort of pivots because that is where the forcing and continuous precip could allow for a flip to snow for a time. But then further south, as the s/w comes through late day and overnight may see an area blossom in SNE that could be at least flakes in SNE. 

Archived