• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The propensity for troughing  in the SE means that there defintely is the risk of lousy days up here. You really want to see ridging in the southeast. But that said, we’ll certainly have some nice days. It’s also part of climo...but the wheel of rhea is possible with that look.

Its true

I also Would say i really dont envy anything about e mass beaches as well

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is the time of year where coastal folks get very envious of interior . We warm they not 

growing up on the shore I know their pain, fog rolls in, chill in the air while the interior basks in 70s, or you finally get a nice warm morning then the sea breeze kicks in and drops you into the 50s. On the other hand natures AC when the interior is in the 90s is the best, as long as you live near swimmable water

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Its true

I also Would say i really dont envy anything about e mass beaches as well

I remember as a kid when my uncle lived in Quincy and we were told we were going to visit him and go to the beach. We were all excited, growing up on the open ocean with white sand beaches with blue water and surf, arrived at the "beach" man was that an eye opener. Just the worst.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I remember as a kid when my uncle lived in Quincy and we were told we were going to visit him and go to the beach. We were all excited, growing up on the open ocean with white sand beaches with blue water and surf, arrived at the "beach" man was that an eye opener. Just the worst.

Wollaston isn’t bad. It’s urban,  but go a few miles south. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m saying high temps change rapidly from the peninsula. If you’re saying Moosup is 55 and Logan is 52, well you showed me I guess. What a warm paradise.

You mank much much more than me. I agree I am prone to marine air but with predominately weak E SE flow EMA is perhaps the worst place in SNE in the spring

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s because north shore is terrible. 

N shore S Shore

Plymouth Duxbury

Freezing water, more like a cool pond, virtually no swell window in summer, in comparison to the RI Ocean beaches That are 9-12(Degrees milder after July 4)

Ditto Maine beaches

Lots of Large pasty folk Drinking 5$ water, Not going past ankles in ocean. Hard sell

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

N shore S Shore

Plymouth Duxbury

Freezing water, more like a cool pond, virtually no swell window in summer, in comparison to the RI Ocean beaches That are 9-12(Degrees milder after July 4)

I’ve been to those  beaches since I was a kid. The near shore temps aren’t bad at all. Best time to go is during a light seabreeze. This brings the warm water near shore and no upwelling. It’s nice to be so close to beaches in the summer. If you want incredibly warm water, go bayside Cape Cod in August. Water was near 80 due to the shallow flats. It didn’t feel right lol.

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

N shore S Shore

Plymouth Duxbury

Ditto Maine beaches

Lots of Large pasty folk Drinking 5$ water, Not going past ankles in ocean. Hard sell

Pickles its dumping at KMART

The K-1 Express Gondola and Superstar Express Quad are scheduled to operate daily through April 22, and the Superstar Express will continue to operate daily through May 1. Beginning May 4, the Superstar Express Quad will turn Friday through Sunday until the snow is gone. The K-1 Lodge will be open whenever lifts are turning.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve b een to those beaches since I was a kid. The  near shore temps aren’t bad at all. Best time to go is during a light seabreeze. This brings the warm water near shore and no upwelling. It’s nice to be so close to beaches in the summer. If you want incredibly warm water, go Bayside Cale cod in August. Water was near 80 due to the shallow flats. It didn’t feel right lol.

U are right about light sea breeze and warmer waters.(In nahant)

Its All about where one grows up And what u enjoy about beach

I grew up in se mass went to Newport  And Horseneck And enjoy swells, then went to Palm beach , i Couldnt Stand e mass beaches as a kid , now just hard sell .

I live in Nashua and go to Newport in summer 75% of time

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

U are right about light sea breeze and warmer waters.(In nahant)

Its All about where one grows up And what u enjoy about beach

I grew up in se mass went to Newport  And Horseneck And enjoy swells, then went to Palm beach , i Couldnt Stand e mass beaches as a kid , now just hard sell .

I live in Nashua and go to Newport in summer 75% of time

I am spoiled rotten I admit it. like growing up at Stowe and then skiing Yawgoo Valley to me.

I would say this Ginx, you would love Palm beach ocean during hurricane swell w 80 plus water. Was a dream.

W Ne angle of swells, you could see them (when first day or so of swell hit) first hitting the sandbars about a mile north then work there way south. Sitting in 6-7 foot water, clear to the bottom amd watching the swells just crush miles of beach and sand bars. Not awful.

Also the Isabel slot swell that i saw (lit up 10 miles of palm beach w 15 foot peeling swells) while blocked by bahamas to N and South was unbelievable. There is a study and pdf (article) from that day, perhaps by Miami nws on how only a 105-110 degree angle swell , opens a narrow deep ocean window thru new providence channel and translates from boca to say lake worth. Swell went from 2' to 10-15' in 4 hours. I only mention this b.c i believe you could appreciate the article and imagine being there that day

8 hours ago, apm said:

So true! Yet I haven't heard much about this.

image.png.af283b8817a112a88f22012b561bebcf.png

Mentioned this to my wife as we were watching.  Made no sense considering the headwinds.  Final rain total for my house in Randolph was 3.02.  Some of those afternoon downpours were insane, but at least we had very little wind for once!

2 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I’m mentally prepared for 48-58F until mid May. Come the HHH days, you inland folks can sit huddled by the AC sweltering during the day while I’m sitting on the beach with a refreshing breeze off the water. 

Coast > SNE’s inland (by far...mountains of NNE are a different beast though)

But are you physically prepared for being bent over until Memorial Day...

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

summer of 1976 as part of Quincy Race Week (sailing), a one mile open water swim race was held. We swam from one of the club piers out to a buoy and back. I was in the water less than 20 minutes and came out covered in slime/oil...in hindsight absolutely gross but as a 13 year old thought the fact we could draw happy faces on our stomachs was cool. It was a sewer.

5 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I’m mentally prepared for 48-58F until mid May. Come the HHH days, you inland folks can sit huddled by the AC sweltering during the day while I’m sitting on the beach with a refreshing breeze off the water. 

Coast > SNE’s inland (by far...mountains of NNE are a different beast though)

Coast > SNE's...what does that mean??  

Personally, the nice part about New England in general is that it has a little of everything...shore, inland, Mountains, valleys, cities, Suburbia, country side.  It has it all.  And every place has it's good and not so good points during each season, depending on ones perspective of course.  

Archived