• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mitch ..that photo is stunning!   If it were not for the septic exhaust pipe lower right that's a keeper :) 

Kidding, but you could certainly crop that out and perhaps save this image - ... unwant of winter aside ...you'd have to be a zombie not to appreciate that picture.  Gorgeous -

Think thats a perc test pipe

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Looking at it off my phone that is a vent pipe of some sort, old Hazmat site?

OT, but the septic system looks like the leaching field is a mound system, which are typically built when groundwater is shallow.  If there is a pump in the septic tank to move effluent up to the leach field mound, then the pipe is a vent, which is code (around here) for a system that pumps from the tank up to the leach field.  Gravity systems, where effluent from the septic tank flows by gravity to the leach field, don't need a vent.

25 minutes ago, Brewbeer said:

OT, but the septic system looks like the leaching field is a mound system, which are typically built when groundwater is shallow.  If there is a pump in the septic tank to move effluent up to the leach field mound, then the pipe is a vent, which is code (around here) for a system that pumps from the tank up to the leach field.  Gravity systems, where effluent from the septic tank flows by gravity to the leach field, don't need a vent.

yes mobile phone didn't have the clarity, good call

6 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Waiting for the inevitable BDCF post how the coast wont get out of the 50s this week. 

The 12z Euro and the ICON models BD Maine...  get the boundary down to about PWM in the Euro and PSM in the ICON...  but it washes out - real weak sauce one.  

It was actually prevalent in the ICON model all week but ...largely the collection of weather-media socialites still in the habit of ignoring that model pretty much entirely save for entertainment perhaps... anyway, I will add that the flattish ridge type may actually help hold that back because a more N-S oriented one probably has more confluence over eastern Ontario and we'd be undercut - 

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

Despite my handle on here, I'm not sure I could hand that wx every spring. More power to you though.

Are you in an elevated hollow? If so I would really blow my brains out if I had to deal with rad cooling up there in the middle of summer too. If 32F just comes and goes with advection every fall and spring at least the growing season wouldn't be much different than here. Melt the pack and just get right into growing without some May 23rd calm 31F BS.

I don't have a great handle on how well I radiate yet. I do tend to get colder than the mountaintops like the Searsburg mesonet wx station for sure on a rad cooling night, but I've seen North Adams get colder than I do on calm nights. Some of my cold probably drains down the hill into the valley, so this isn't a SLK or HIE when it comes to radiational cooling. It will drop off quick at night with light wind, and with 3K+ mountains to my SW it will probably cool off nicely up here on summer nights with the SW winds being blocked.  

My guess is that growing season here is from approximately mid May through mid September, but time will tell. One thing to keep in mind is that I don't have a lot of latitude despite my elevation, so that may spares me from June or August frost like Alex up in Bretton Woods. 

Archived