• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nope. Not close. Please stop making things up. You were the one that cancelled 80’s when Dendrite called you on it 

You mean when I posted the Euro output, I didn't forecast HHH and told people to install Air conditioners for upper 70s low 80s for a couple of days. Go hide in the AC sally

50 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Yes. 90's came later, but i am pretty sure he was in 80's land while others were in 70's land.  

You need to find that post must have missed it. Everyone knew a couple of warm days were coming but all hype all the time was hyping 90 and the need for air conditioning 

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You mean when I posted the Euro output, I didn't forecast HHH and told people to install Air conditioners for upper 70s low 80s for a couple of days. Go hide in the AC sally

There will be 1-2 days later next week where Macs his 85-90. That’s what had been said. Not HHH like you and your eccentric friend said 

1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Looks like the potential for a freeze here Sunday night

doubtful if the present modeling tenor holds... It'll be too windy for a 'freeze' - if by that you mean < 32 F ...which for freeze criteria it has to also sustain I think for two hour.  That's a bit of a stretch with clouds and wind..

But, we'll see if some of the synoptics change between now and then. 

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

By far the latest leaf-out I can recall.  Not a single tree looks remotely close to it.  I suspect it's all going to explode at once when thinks finally kick in.

At least the daffodils are up and close to blooming.

Looks like a nuclear wasteland out there.

It should happen quite quickly though in the next 10 days. Prob a lot of greenup will happen with the warm weather next week. I'm finally starting to see a little tinge of green on the thorn bushes around here...those always seem to be the first to come online if we don't count the crocuses.

I actually love those hot days before anything greens up... it seems so unnatural to have it be 80F and yet the vegetation looks like a movie set from a Cold War film.    All brown and drab with no green in sight.  

I also think the no vegetation heat is when we see a bunch of PWS hit some warm readings.  This is when you see places tickle 80-84F that with green vegetation around their property would be like 73F max in June.  The difference between tarmac and PWS isn't much with no foliage.

Take the under on modeled dews and the over on temps.

48 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It should happen quite quickly though in the next 10 days. Prob a lot of greenup will happen with the warm weather next week. I'm finally starting to see a little tinge of green on the thorn bushes around here...those always seem to be the first to come online if we don't count the crocuses.

Def starting to green a bit in my hood, both at home and work.

Much behind the usual, though 

Yeah mentioned this in the other thread but those sunny days with mild afternoons (yet chilly nights...) was enough to get the yards and fields to patch green.. .but, it wasn't until these soft rains with temps staying in the fifties that got them all to flash over green.  Finally...the shrubs are leafing out here but only half there... and the forsythias are way belated but are now in full yellow flower.   

The canopy species are not budding with the exception of the red maples... groves of them are glowing rusty red at a distance now.  Those are usually the first to commit to it so ... figure we're writing chapter 1 in this season's green-up story.  This next week is going to be epic in terms of foliage awakening...  I know personally, I have never seen April 27 be this flora dormant -  ...seems we should have had 30" of snow this month to make that worth it - nope... just schit eaten.   yummy!  enjoy your worse season of the four because of this god-forsaken geography -

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I mean ... if it snowed heavy today and you looked out there at glop-cling you'd think it was January 20 if it wasn't for that one or two bushes thumbing noses to the erstwhile cold - 

This is really sort of the antithesis to that March green up we had back in ... I wanna say '09 ?   That year, we had broad leaf sugar maples in near full leaf by the first week of April and were two cycles of lawn mowing into the cutting season by the end of March. Insane.  ... Just putting this one against that year...  I remember shooting out at lunch break with an office colleague on like April 7 and it was 84 with TCU.  

You know what's interesting... it seems the color season is much more fixed than this front side..  Every year I hear people say, 'boy the colors seem late'... Yet, come hell or high water, it always peaks here on the 17th of October, regardless.

Archived