• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wolcott CT 1100 ft is such a weenie spot down in SCT, actually in the OKX FA. Saw pics today of bent over birches and about 3/8 inch ice.

Yup...literally right up the street from me.  And if you throw a stone you’d be in BOX FA.  It’s right on the line between the two forecast areas..as I am.  I’m in BOX, and Wolcott is the very next town to the west in OKX.  

As Codfish said...in December 92 they got buried massively(24+)...while I had 10-14 inches just literally 2-3 miles away.

and it’s pretty close to central CT...Extreme Northern most New Haven county.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Hope y'all got to watch the marathon. Gotta give mad props to all those runners. USA and Japan, women and men's winners!

I wonder who selected the clothing for the Kenyans and Ethiopians. They basically were put in parachute type rain jackets which created so much wind resistance. 

So true! Yet I haven't heard much about this.

image.png.af283b8817a112a88f22012b561bebcf.png

6 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

That was incredible rain. Man rain.

I drive right through that insane band on my way to worcester. Windshield wipers couldn't keep up. I honestly couldn't see anything through my windshield. I turned my hazards on hoping someone wouldn't drive into the back of me. And then my car was hit by a ridiculous wind gust. It was not very enjoyable

The propensity for troughing  in the SE means that there defintely is the risk of lousy days up here. You really want to see ridging in the southeast. But that said, we’ll certainly have some nice days. It’s also part of climo...but the wheel of rhea is possible with that look.

Archived