• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

But I would take the summers at 2000’ for sure. If I could have 8’ of snow otg, melt it after 4/15. And then 75-82 in summer....I’d hit it. But for now we beach if it’s hot. 

Just like the 1,000ft elevation band is often referenced, once above 2,000ft you are on a whole other level.  Just like up here I've got friends that live in the community up in Bolton Valley at 2,100-2,300ft and they get probably 225" of snow a season...and a crazy amount of precipitation.  Snow in May and October is pretty much a lock most years.  There aren't a lot of 2,000ft+ inhabited areas in New England but where they are, its weather on a whole other level.

I think that's why I'd love it... weather is just more "extreme".  Wind, precipitation, thunderstorms, fog, ice, snow, you name it.  Everything but heat, ha. 

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just like the 1,000ft elevation band is often referenced, once above 2,000ft you are on a whole other level.  Just like up here I've got friends that live in the community up in Bolton Valley at 2,100-2,300ft and they get probably 225" of snow a season...and a crazy amount of precipitation.  Snow in May and October is pretty much a lock most years.  There aren't a lot of 2,000ft+ inhabited areas in New England but where they are, its weather on a whole other level.

I think that's why I'd love it... weather is just more "extreme".  Wind, precipitation, thunderstorms, fog, ice, snow, you name it.  Everything but heat, ha. 

West slope will also melt quicker. So at least you have some spring to enjoy. I love snow as much as anyone, but I want some spring and the activities that come with it. A decaying glacier in April isn’t going to do anything for me. 

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’ve never seen the backyard this bad....completely underwater. 2” of slush everywhere. Water is pouring into the basement and the run is underwater. If I was the type to cry I would do it right now. ++++++RA

Wow that’s not good. We pump? 

What a great storm!  Much better than a 15" plain winter snowstorm.

2" of sleet plus .25" of ice.  Stratus is frozen so I don't know rainfall amounts

48 hours below 32F  

CAD way overachieved.  Its 8pm and only 33.1F.   No model had me this cold for this long.  Sleet was still mixed in at 6pm

Wind was the most impressive.  Peak gust 48mph. Frequent 35-40mph all afternoon on my old Davis.  I have trees to my east/southeast but still the high gust was 48mph which was my second highest gust in 17 years.  (highest was 62mph)

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wolcott CT 1100 ft is such a weenie spot down in SCT, actually in the OKX FA. Saw pics today of bent over birches and about 3/8 inch ice.

When I lived In Bristol CT I used to drive up there after storms and walk around in the usually much deeper snow...In Dec 92 they had 2 feet of snow and we had 10-12 inches

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Any mountains still running lifts mid week

More eyes in this thread

Mt. Snow, KMart, Okemo, Sugarbush, Jay Peak, Wildcat, Sunday River (weekend only) and Sugarloaf all running lifts this week.

Archived