• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Here comes the wind. Temp up to 33.0°. Hopefully we can melt some of this crap off and soak it in before the torrentials move in.

we just jumped from 37/38 bob antic to 42 here in N Middlesex in N/central Mass in the last 1/2 hr ... still in the deep end but toe tapping our way out. 

5 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some of their bigger ones were shoulder season. Generally warmer temps and more moisture this time of year can help squeeze out higher snow totals vs. deep winter for them.

Looks like Green Bay ended up with 24.2”. Highest report in the GRB CWA was 33.0” at Amherst. 

On 4/13/2018 at 3:45 PM, ariof said:

6:53s get you a three-even. I did not have to look that up.

(I get five minutes next year. 7:13s vs 6:53s is a HUGE difference.)

Maybe stealing someone's thunder but ariof finished in 3:02 and change. I was out at mile 8 for the elite runners and first wave of general runners and it was strong head winds and at times torrential rain. Amazing effort on a brutal day. Congrats

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Temp starting to rise steadily now. 48.

Yeah, the cold side of this low is dying pretty fast... I was just tellin' Bri' I jumped 42 abruptly about 45 min ago... and seeing the 50 isotherm meandering along Boston SW burbs... 

Meanwhile, hi res vis imagery shows the ceilings trying to unzip down over SW CT/off the Jersey Coast as dry slot punches N.   Not terribly absurd to get some orange rays late in the afternoon even up here as this region is rapidly transition N.  That's happened several times this spring... cold morning events with sun breaking out after 4 or 5 pm briefly. Interesting.  Heh, we'll see -

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

we just need to get past this week, wind chills in the 20s and 30s all week, cold rain yuck.

Heh... it's looked like that for a month.  

But I know what/why your saying that.  In fact, without really even a demonstrative pattern change, we may pull off a solid end to end weekend out of this very next one should some recent Euro runs pan out.  I'm thinking 64/38 a bit more typical of April

Archived