• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

My in-laws opened the lake house today. :lol:

Meanwhile LCI is 26.

OceanSt..  do you think there is potential for a pretty big icing event later tonight?  Sure looks like lots of qpf before the CAD gets kicked out.  Trees have a nice glaze right now to start things off before the main event.  I see lots of school delays coming up which really will not help much up here.  7am vs 9am is not going to make much difference.  Our town was caught off guard this AM and it may happen againg tomorrow AM

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

OceanSt..  do you think there is potential for a pretty big icing event later tonight?  Sure looks like lots of qpf before the CAD gets kicked out.  Trees have a nice glaze right now to start things off before the main event.  I see lots of school delays coming up which really will not help much up here.  7am vs 9am is not going to make much difference.  Our town was caught off guard this AM and it may happen againg tomorrow AM

I have a hard time seeing big freezing rain event, but I don't know there could be pockets of really impressive stuff for April. The cold air is just so deep that I think the tendency will be for PL and no FZRA. But during the overnight we shouldn't be melting anything that falls.

33 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I have a hard time seeing big freezing rain event, but I don't know there could be pockets of really impressive stuff for April. The cold air is just so deep that I think the tendency will be for PL and no FZRA. But during the overnight we shouldn't be melting anything that falls.

Yeah agree. Could be a massive scalping for your WFO. Feathers ripped off chickens type stuff.

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

groups of 3 or 4 pellets glued together into bombs ... Almost rattles like hail when that happens -

This is going to make roads extremely treacherous.  I don't know how long it takes to re attach plows but all the  NH DOT trucks I saw this week had plows already removed.  Not a lot of pre-treatment on roads and we have now been well below freezing for about a day. 32F for over a day so melt might not be that quick first thing in the AM.  (Yet maybe this is all a weenie post!)

Steady light snow grains here in Holliston back from N NJ. Hit freezing in union on the way back...AWT and that's exactly where we started seeing little "snow snakes" on the highway from the snow grains. Crazy to see that in mid April. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Who set low max highs today 

CON has theirs so far...max of 32F at midnight. That’ll be the latest freezing max on record. We’ll see if they hold onto that through 5z. If the incoming precip it should be safe. If there’s ZR I guess there’s a tiny outside shot we latently heat to 32-33F, but I think the 32F is easily safe. 

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Steady light snow grains here in Holliston back from N NJ. Hit freezing in union on the way back...AWT and that's exactly where we started seeing little "snow snakes" on the highway from the snow grains. Crazy to see that in mid April. 

yeah... i've been out and about a couple of times today up in my neck of the woods and we've had those white side-winders near the rear fenders of other cars pretty frequently.  also AWT... it's not really sticking to the roads despite those.  Though I suspect if we get say.. 4 hours of heavier sleet later the road conditions may deteriorate as we've been in the low 30s and sprinkling the concrete and asphalt with heat leaching snizzle all day so...  It's really a crying shame that this whole ordeal didn't evolve east because my goodness!  Looking at this air mass and what's happened in WI today, does anyone have any doubt this could have been a historic scenario for us here?  ... if so, you're a moron - period. 

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol no sh it but there are people skiing right now all over the open mountains.with midwinter conditions on April 15th , it is very notable hence my post. People actually live outside of CT

I was bummed out that WaWa decided to close yesterday for the season. Couldn’t get over.  Today I went to return our daughter’s skis (leased), but the base lodge was locked up tight with only 4 cars in the lot.   While sketchy, most trails looked skiable.

on to 2018-2019

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Who set low max highs today 

I think BOS only hit 39F so that would break the susceptible 40F record.

ORH 33/34F breaks the old 39F.

MQE 36F breaks the old 37F.

BDL 40F breaks the old 41F.

PWM 32F breaks the old 37F.

BTV didn’t come close to their record of 30F.

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

2nd biggest snowstorm ever. 21.3 inches. Talk about a second winter they had 25 going into March 1 now near 70. FYI Marquette now at 149 this year 

And Marquette kind of got fringed.   I’ve been to Door County on vacation about 8 years ago.  They tend to have ample cold but this is crazy!

Archived