• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Although I guess I couid see Sat am warm quickly. But we know how these work . What looks like a few days ends up less. Suddenly 1 NAM run ends things much earlier and everyone hoping for 77-82 ends up losing screen doors and looking at flags pinned NE to SW

Tip, is that you?

20 hours ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

I got 47 in the boogie down Bronx and that's above average here.  I average 32

I can corroborate. I had 48" here in the northeast Bronx. Snowy winter with a cold beginning and end, capped off by a 6" event on April 2nd.

However, I doubt we average 32"...Central Park's long-term average is 28", and I doubt we're that much higher. I would guess around 30" is right for most of the Bronx.

12 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tuesday looks like carbon copy of this past Friday . Snow breaks out in the early morning and moves east. Stays mainly snow inland and can drop 1-2” ish on grassy surfaces 

Looks nothing like that for most in SNE.  Looks further N than Friday.  

Going from mid 70s to sleet at < 24 hours. ..wow!

It's also possible that we don't ever even get that warm day to begin with.  ...I'm wondering about that.

That front lays down through midriff PA on Friday technically...  and I'm not sure I buy it that it suddenly retreats polarward as a warm fropa by 12z Saturday, all the way to nearly CON, NH... before crashing S during mid day that day.  I mean ...yeah, it's not impossible, but, it's also within the correction envelope that a solution like the ICON ...where it is more of a BD front for the MA than up this way almost makes sense - hate to say... The CMC isn't a BD at this point... The high is pressing the boundary S from the N as a standard stationary boundary, and the markers in the troposphere are also mechanically different to that which proceeds a classic BD...  Sensibly it won't matter.. no. 

Lord knows I don't want ... You know, I was musing last night as the day transitioned to twilight and I stood paused for the observation ... there are no budding flora around my environs up there along Rt 2.  0!  zip zilch ...none that I can see/find.  I'm sure someone with a favorably situated nook that traps warmth by day has a couple of crocuses and/or a forsythia over-achiever, and will post that after reading this, but by and large ...no.  

That's late.  Real late... For 'under growth' vegetation sources that is, to be approaching mid April and be for all intents and purposes virtually indistinguishable from mid winter is really something. I tell you what ... the month NASA 'state of the planet' press bulletin is going to be interesting for April should this persist.  

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Courses are still wet, greens being arerated playing like kling klong on the price is right....no thanks. It’s not about the air temp, moreso the course conditions. I’ll stick to the range until they dry out. 

They aren't wet here.........................still frozen!  These are from my course Saturday afternoon

1st.jpg

4th.jpg

9th.jpg

Archived