• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

2 hours ago, Hazey said:

Maybe I’m loosing you in translation. Define good. Maybe 4”(10cms) is good in your eyes but that doesn’t impress me; even for April. If that’s the case I apologize for the miscommunication.

The NAM has 12"+ for you, but it's the NAM.  But even your Canadian model, the RGEM has similar.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully this produces as this will be the only real snowstorm this entire winter. If it produces that is. Not a good winter for the snow plow business that is for sure. 

You’ll see 15cms maybe out of this. It will be gone or mostly gone by Tuesday.

How’s the big backloaded winter working out?...lol.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What a disappointing end post 3/15. Sure Steve had 6” Of fluff that melted in 4 hrs, but otherwise kind of a stinker when you compare how the airmass and pattern really had a good look. Oh well. 

I guess.  I never expect much if anything after mid March.  Managed to pull off almost 9".  Almost 31" since March 1st.

7 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I guess.  I never expect much if anything after mid March.  Managed to pull off almost 9".  Almost 31" since March 1st.

Well I think you through CT got the better of that period. But that look is something you don’t have too often. So from a met standpoint it’s sort of dissapointing to not get a bit more, esp further north. 

Wish we had the March pattern in Feb and April pattern in March. We was one month too late. Of the 4 coastals in March, we would have done ‘better’ (EMA will disagree) had we had a slightly cooler airmass, especially with the first two. 

Might as well fast forward to May and the HHH pattern. April is razor blades to the wrist worthy.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You finally calling it a season?

Never say never but it gets really tough after 4/15 in the climo record. It's still a pretty cold pattern so an interior elevated threat wouldn't be totally shocking but it gets tough. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Wish we had the March pattern in Feb and April pattern in March. We was one month too late. Of the 4 coastals in March, we would have done ‘better’ (EMA will disagree) had we had a slightly cooler airmass, especially with the first two. 

Might as well fast forward to May and the HHH pattern. April is razor blades to the wrist worthy.

The first March storm was a top beast around here. For not getting snow, it was quite the wind event. I can’t recall that much damage from wind alone...aside from Hurricane Bob.  

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The first March storm was a top beast around here. For not getting snow, it was quite the wind event. I can’t recall that much damage from wind alone...aside from Hurricane Bob.  

Yea and if only it was slightly cooler upstairs, top end blizzard. 

Regardless, most are above to much above for snowfall. It was a wet winter for sure.

3 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Yeah, who knows, I'm sure there will be some regression soon enough, but perhaps the new norm is a bit more than the old climo. 

Yeah the "new" average at ORH is not 80 inches. It will definitely regress some. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

People will start pissing and moaning after 2020 when we regress and the new 30yr normals come in with sky high averages. We'll probably end up with 75% of the seasons below normal over the next 20 years just because of the run we've been on.

Many more congrats Dendrite to come. 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

People will start pissing and moaning after 2020 when we regress and the new 30yr normals come in with sky high averages. We'll probably end up with 75% of the seasons below normal over the next 20 years just because of the run we've been on.

Boston average from 41-42” currently to 45-46”?

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Boston average from 41-42” currently to 45-46”?

The BOS average is something like 47 inches right now since 1991...but not sure how the ncdc smoothing will affect it. It's not actually a 30 year arithmetic mean they list. They smooth it out a little and not sure exactly how. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The BOS average is something like 47 inches right now since 1991...but not sure how the ncdc smoothing will affect it. It's not actually a 30 year arithmetic mean they list. They smooth it out a little and not sure exactly how. 

Wow. Didn’t know it was that high. Helps to have 95-96 and 14-15 in the set. 

Archived