• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

Meh... I don't buy it... It's getting increasingly more difficult to believe that with the sun pressing across the 60th degree arc angle the hemisphere is going to blithely regress and fail to modulate at all like that... It seems the Euro really has been negating seasonal change rather abruptly as of two cycles ago.   Granted... all of it has been beyond D 6 so we'll take either variation with the appropriate grains of salt (and definitely with 'assault' version of that adage), but even relative to that... I have a pretty strong suspicion that all gets normalized considerable as the time nears.  

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Meh... I don't buy it... It's getting increasingly more difficult to believe that with the sun pressing across the 60th degree arc angle the hemisphere is going to blithely regress and fail to modulate at all like that... It seems the Euro really has been negating seasonal change rather abruptly as of two cycles ago.   Granted... all of it has been beyond D 6 so we'll take either variation with the appropriate grains of salt (and definitely with 'assault' version of that adage), but even relative to that... I have a pretty strong suspicion that all gets normalized considerable as the time nears.  

The worst part is that it will get "normalized" to a 43F blanket of horror north of some boundary draped over Philly or NYC. Either way, we end up north of it.

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The worst part is that it will get "normalized" to a 43F blanket of horror north of some boundary draped over Philly or NYC. Either way, we end up north of it.

Most likely ...yeah...

Although, see I don't have so much of a problem with "pockets" of anomalous cold and storminess... I mean, we just got done mentioning '87 and '77 type phenomenon. Hell, I was living in Waltham in 2002 when we had noodles going side-ways at 38 F on May 22nd ... it was also like 90 a week later.  I think that coastal dropped short inches on the higher terrain too. But those sort of scenarios don't require a f'n new ice-age. jesus -  

Anyway, my reservations with that look is the 'over-all' pervasive complexion of having 0 seasonal change at mid April over planetary scales.  I'm willing bet the farm that's wrong - 

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Could be an interesting Boston marathon weather wise this year.

heh, as a tedious deviancy it might be fun to graph the piece of schittiest Marathon days ever  ...  though subjective to some degree, we can probably get within 90 % schitness confidence interval.. Then, pit it up against next week and see how she compares - 

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

heh, as a tedious deviancy it might be fun to graph the piece of schittiest Marathon days ever  ...  though subjective to some degree, we can probably get within 90 % schitness confidence interval.. Then, pit it up against next week and see how she compares - 

Lol "90% schitness confidence interval"

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just get one to work out for the love of God.

I'm rooting for the frigid overrunning on 4/15...even though synoptically it is unlikely. But it would just be funny to have like 26F overrunning snow in mid April.

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like if 4/10 and 4/15 don't pan out, the next threat on Euro ensembles is 4/19. 

Just the fact you are posting a 4/19 threat is bridge jumping worthy! Won't lie, enjoying my mid eighties following this; just need rain to dampen down wildfire threat.

Archived