• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

What's wrong with that?  20" in early/mid April between multiple storms, some a week out, is an easy bet.  

All kidding aside, this is a crazy look going forward.  Mid-winter like.

If we can get one of these last events to work out, this will probably be my best April/March combo ending....Feb is all that kept this from rivaling 1996...that and a slightly more active pre holiday period.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If we can get one of these last events to work out, this will probably be my best April/March combo ending....Feb is all that kept this from rivaling 1996...that and a slightly more active pre holiday period.

I know!  February is the difference between this winter and one  of the top 3-4.

31 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Only season I can compare this consistentcy of a frantic pace so late is 1996. 

That was a good one here.  2007 was even better, despite the Patriots Day storm verifying way below the forecast (for snow - got all the rain that was progged.)

Foggy now in Augusta, a little patch of showers headed in.  FVE had SN with 1/4 mile vis past 2 hours.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

A friend put Ted Childs’s daughter in touch with me about 15 years ago.  She had fond memories.

I know Ted’s son and have done a bunch of stories up there. The current coop observer is the son of the previous coop observer. Russell is really good and I can vouch for his numbers... they’re spot on.

6 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I know Ted’s son and have done a bunch of stories up there. The current coop observer is the son of the previous coop observer. Russell is really good and I can vouch for his numbers... they’re spot on.

Maybe his dad was weenieish? You def see a step change around that time.

3 hours ago, CT Rain said:

Yup. HVN isn’t a bad spot for snow unlike GON/WST

Although technically part of the mainland because it's accessible by three bridges Newport gets the least amount of snow on the southern new England mainland.  Narragansett is a couple miles due west of Newport across the bay and the leaves turn colors in Narragansett a week earlier than in Newport. The naval base in the upper part of Newport averages about 5 more inches of snow compared to the southern tip of Newport 2 miles to the south.  Westerly beaches average about 4-5 more inches annually than Newport.  The sub base averages a wee bit more than Noank/Mystic in the extreme SE corner of CT.

The Connecticut shoreline, just about the entire Shoreline, averages more snow than the Rhode Island immediate South Coast.  This doesn't apply to the Massachusetts south coast however from Westport on east where more snow falls.  New Bedford averages about 10-14 more inches than Newport.  Newport had 31 inches this winter while 32 miles up the road taunton had over 70.

Oh boy, If Dr. No says a non event...better hedge that direction.  Kevin's 19 inches in big time Jeopardy now...Euro for the win.  

19 inches is a lot to ask in a weeks time....anytime of year;  but in April...lol that's a monster long shot.   Unless next weeks really turns into something memorable/historic???

6 hours ago, Whineminster said:

yeah for snow it's been good.  I'm just saying besides snow it's a pretty boring state, probably the most boring besides Delaware, but MA is boring too.  Like VT, CA, FL, CO, HI are just cooler places to live that's all. 

geez you could be like outside of Minot North Dakota lol

Archived