• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Napril Fools? Pattern and Model Discussion . . .

HimoorWx

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Your making this sound like more than it is at the moment.  At this moment it’s really nothing at all...like Ginxy said..it’s meh verbatim.  So what if we see a few wet snow flakes in the air Sunday night that make the roads wet..big deal.  

I mean if something significant comes up later next week, that’s different.  Right now it’s nothing impressive.  

I’d suggest actually looking at a model. Even just once 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

LR day 8/9 has the most potential. Temps are marginal at best Monday. Euro has the day 8 system suppressed but that's the one to watch for potential. Others are marginal weak type systems that would be nice in January Feb

This!

And marginal/weak systems in April...translates to not much.  I think there’s one Shot at something meaningful..and it’s what you pointed out.  And that’s a long shot this time of year..things have to line up just right..not impossible, but not easy for sure.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d suggest actually looking at a model. Even just once 

Kev stop with the nonsense.  There’s no 2-3 snow events coming up.  Just because a model may show that..doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen.  You are a wish casting maniac lol...and you pad everything to your narrative...this is no different!  

Better to be conservative in April, than not imo.  

We’ll see how this all plays out in 10 days...chances are we all have very lil To show in the snow department after this...and that’s just the facts of it this time of year.  

If im wrong...I’ll gladly give the credit to you for sure.  And I hope I am! 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Kev stop with the nonsense.  There’s no 2-3 snow events coming up.  Just because a model may show that..doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen.  You are a wish casting maniac lol...and you pad everything to your narrative...this is no different!  

You are feeding right into it lol.  

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya so have you too when he said yesterday that the probs were so hi for an inch of snow lmao..but just putting in my thoughts on the snowy 10 days coming up lol. 

EPS has a 50 % chance of 3 inches the next 10 days in CT, less East of that, with a 20 to 40 % chance of 6 SE to NW. Flakes are probable , we will need intensity for slushy grass and deck accumulations. Powder? yea no

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro ticked south, lousy s/w......not feeling it for now. I know eps was ok.

I like the pattern, but no particular system has my interest piqued very much right now.

Again....not saying nothing will show up because it is a good pattern.

But as of now...not too enthused.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Agree.

I know you could careless but wicked Windex look next weekend prior to opportunity for a well organized system. Learned from the retiring Drag that late season Windex events often precede a larger organized system . Have had my eyes on the 9th 10th for a while, block breaking down and EPO retro.  If it's going to be something other than nuisance that would be the time.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I know you could careless but wicked Windex look next weekend prior to opportunity for a well organized system. Learned from the retiring Drag that late season Windex events often precede a larger organized system . Have had my eyes on the 9th 10th for a while, block breaking down and EPO retro.  If it's going to be something other than nuisance that would be the time.

Interesting...never knew that.

Steve, you are right....much more robust signal around April 9-10. If it were mid winter, then I'd say a significant winter storm was near a lock.

That is more reminiscent of the signals preceding the blizzards over the winter...not this crap.

I'll probably blog about that next week if the signal remains.

Archived