Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12Z GFS had a minimal shift north with the precipitation, but what's noticeable is the consistent increase in the ridging in front our shortwave across all modeling. Low is a bit stronger leading to a more consolidated precipitation shield. Going to be a quick hitter, but I'll take it in April. Dynamics are actually pretty decent as well.

gfs_z500_vort_neus_fh48_trend.gif

10 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

I figured that.  Technically I need another inch for 60.  I'm behind ISP and maybe BNL too.  I only jackpot when its a couple of inches :( 

I’m at 66” 10 miles west of you. Strange how you always seem to get less than even islip which is technically Ronkonkoma and to just your south east. 

• Rjay pinned this topic
48 minutes ago, psv88 said:

I’m at 66” 10 miles west of you. Strange how you always seem to get less than even islip which is technically Ronkonkoma and to just your south east. 

ISP is 10 miles to my SE and they often beat me in the big storms, then a day later have less snow depth.  I smell Russian interference. 

I have no issue with the difference in last weeks big dump.  They spent at least an hour longer in the death band than I did.

1 hour ago, West Mtn NY said:

Just print out a bullseye over Monroe every storm this year. Shooting for 7' season. Still not melted off in front of the house from the 4.5 feet this month 

rps20180331_112607_334.jpg

I'm over 77 inches in Highland Mills and you've been doing better than me on most storms by a couple of inches. I would have have thought you're over 84 inches already.

12 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I'm over 77 inches in Highland Mills and you've been doing better than me on most storms by a couple of inches. I would have have thought you're over 84 inches already.

83. LOL. There was a storm earlier in the season where we had mixing issues and I got burned with Sleet more than you guys did. And I wasn't home for a couple so I went with spotters reports so I always go conservative. We get enough here at 950' that I sometimes feel uneasy reporting what I got because it can be considerably different even a few hundred feet lower, a couple of miles away. 

23 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

2 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

83. LOL. There was a storm earlier in the season where we had mixing issues and I got burned with Sleet more than you guys did. And I wasn't home for a couple so I went with spotters reports so I always go conservative. We get enough here at 950' that I sometimes feel uneasy reporting what I got because it can be considerably different even a few hundred feet lower, a couple of miles away. 

Why stop at 7 feet, at this stage shoot for the moon, 100 or bust LOL

8 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

A stronger case can be made for the sun angle argument this time around. I wouldn't expect much on the roads but with the colder temps coming in who knows. Does the Euro still show a storm for next weekend??

A lot of it will fall at night and early morning but hopefully we can keep as much of this in the early morning as possible. If it comes down hard enough though it’ll accumulate. It stuck everywhere in April 2003 during the day.

12 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

A stronger case can be made for the sun angle argument this time around. I wouldn't expect much on the roads but with the colder temps coming in who knows. Does the Euro still show a storm for next weekend??

true if most of it was falling in daylight hours past 10 a.m. but unless its delayed most will have fallen already - with any intensity all surfaces will be covered ............Reference - April 7, 2003 and that fell between about 8:30 a.m. to early afternoon with temps near 32

Let's also take into account that Monday, April 2 is the Yankees home opener. Since 1982 it's becoming somewhat of a tradition, that every 10-15 years or so the Yankees have their home opener either snowed out or played while it snows.

The first one of course was the April 6, 1982 blizzard when a foot of snow blanketed most of the city and up to 20 inches in some of the suburbs and the Yankees home opener was delayed for three days so they could shovel out the stadium which still had snow surrounding it when the season was opened three days later on April 9.

The second time of course was the April 9, 1996 home opener which was played despite the fact it was 35° during the entire game and it snowed during the entire game a few times in the late innings heavy but for the most part didn't stick to the grass although it did whiten the outfield a bit at times.

The third time of course was the April 7th 2003 opener which was canceled till the next day because 4 to 6 inches of snow blanketed the city that day. Of course the next day the first pitch was thrown with snow still covering the Bronx and the game time temperature of 34°. Charlie Rosen who was doing Yankee games on radio then opened up the broadcast with the classic line "welcome to Yankee Stadium everyone on a beautiful day to play baseball", and he paused, "somewhere in the world but certainly not here today".

If Monday, April 2 makes it the fourth time in the last 36 years, so be it. It's been almost 15 years so they are overdue.

3 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

ISP is 10 miles to my SE and they often beat me in the big storms, then a day later have less snow depth.  I smell Russian interference. 

I have no issue with the difference in last weeks big dump.  They spent at least an hour longer in the death band than I did.

Yea, islip has beaten me for every big event as well. But I do better on the smaller marginal events 

Archived