• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

40 minutes ago, JohnnyDop said:

Stinks that it all fell in March.  Would have been one heck of a stretch if these 5 storms occurred starting Dec 22nd with bouts of cold in between and just think how much better they would have been with climo on there side.  I love snow but March/April snow is upsetting since its gone in the blink of an eye.  I like it when it snows and snows with cold all around and the streets stay white making my neighborhood look like a VT ski town.  Just my weird opinion/obsession but its still nice to wake up to complete cakage.

Even as late-season snow disappears quickly, it can provide among the most picturesque scenes.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today’s snowstorm set daily records throughout the NYC Metro Area:

Bridgeport: 6.0” (old record: 1.3”, 1965)
Islip: 4.6” (old record: 1.0”, 1965)
New York City:
…Central Park: 5.5” (old record: 1.2”, 1965)
…JFK Airport: 3.7” (old record: 1.4”, 1965)
…LaGuardia Airport: 5.5” (old record: 0.7”, 1965)
Newark: 5.0” (old record: 0.7”, 1965)

In the meantime, the sun is shining and the snow is rapidly disappearing.

1 hour ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yep, no reason baseball can't be played today.

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Yeah bad decisions by both teams because they may not get in games tomorrow either although it does look like a lull may occur in the evening

Honestly, it was the right call. It's opening day so people were getting there early and the roads/traffic was still bad at 10-11am. Yes, it's easy to say baseball could of been played to when it's all melted, by 5pm! There was the stands to clean up, the field to clean up and it wasn't getting done by 1pm. All it takes is one person slipping and then they got lawsuits comin from everywhere. Now if you want to say why couldn't they push back the start time to like 4pm then that would make sense 

18 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Honestly, it was the right call. It's opening day so people were getting there early and the roads/traffic was still bad at 10-11am. Yes, it's easy to say baseball could of been played to when it's all melted, by 5pm! There was the stands to clean up, the field to clean up and it wasn't getting done by 1pm. All it takes is one person slipping and then they got lawsuits comin from everywhere. Now if you want to say why couldn't they push back the start time to like 4pm then that would make sense 

The Mets cancellation was more baffling for sure.  I honestly think they realized nobody would come tonight and that they could position the rotation for Washington better 

6 hours ago, dmillz25 said:

I’m at 50.7” on the season 5 miles SE of the park. Alot of areas in the city are at 45-52” on the season. And yes we have been spoiled 

I have 48" on the season in the Bronx. I didn't do quite as well on the 3/21 event as Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island. Totals were 8-10" here versus 12-14" there.

Here's one for the "can't get good ratios in spring" folks.  Our 6.1" of snow today melted down to 0.52" liquid.  Most of the snow fell at 31 degrees.

I was in north Seaford this afternoon and there were only a few patches of snow left in spots sheltered from the sun.  Still full coverage here shortly after sunset this evening:

20180402_194738s1200.jpg

Here's one for the "can't get good ratios in spring" folks.  Our 6.1" of snow today melted down to 0.52" liquid.  Most of the snow fell at 31 degrees.
I was in north Seaford this afternoon and there were only a few patches of snow left in spots sheltered from the sun.  Still full coverage here shortly after sunset this evening:

Still completely covered here too in PJ Station. Really surprised when I got home, snow at work in Upton is completely gone. c1c578e90ee7b91b432ede3ee05d0832.jpg

Archived